Thank You Chris, Jarrod and Kurt (warning sundown/bump related)

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Thank You Chris, Jarrod and Kurt (warning sundown/bump related)










    they look kinda nasty now but in a half a day they should be kick ass!

    you guys RULE!

  2. #2

    new bumps built 1/09/09







    here ya go!

    the snow that was made on top of the piles was pretty soft and edgable. I'd say that these will break in pretty nice, however, as always, it'll take some skiing, some snowmaking and some natural. all of which is happening. yay!

  3. #3
    did you hack my computer? i just posted those ahaha

  4. #4
    Ha! Awesome Jarrod. Thanks for the update. It always amazes me how alien-like those things look after just being seeded. By Sunday, we should be rockin' and rollin'!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ishovelsnow View Post
    did you hack my computer? i just posted those ahaha
    lol, nope i just happened to be checking sundowns website and nearly crapped myself when i saw those pictures.

    you want to trade jobs for a while?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    lol, nope i just happened to be checking sundowns website and nearly crapped myself when i saw those pictures.

    you want to trade jobs for a while?
    Ha ha. I love it how an AZer spots those pics before Jarrod can even announce them. Threads merged...

  7. #7
    call me a nerd but how do you guys actually go about doing that?

    do you mow down the old ones, till up the surface and then just pull piles together with the blade of the cat?

    or do you mow them down, blow snow and then build the piles. the surface on temptor was something north of bullet proof the last time i was there, its gotta be a real pita to break that up.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    call me a nerd but how do you guys actually go about doing that?

    do you mow down the old ones, till up the surface and then just pull piles together with the blade of the cat?

    or do you mow them down, blow snow and then build the piles. the surface on temptor was something north of bullet proof the last time i was there, its gotta be a real pita to break that up.
    That new cat they got is a monster. I saw it mowing whales on Gunny with ease the day they opened it.

  9. #9
    the new cat is the balls. straight up.

    Snowcat Jeff smashed the old ones (he likes groomes) and kurt made some snow on the trial, mixed in the old with the new, and then pushes alternating piles... throws up around 2/3 the way down and then forces himself to finish out the trail. the snow guns stay on untill theres 2 inches or so of a coating and viola... bumps... bumpy bumps... with bumps on them... haha... they'll smooth out nicely.

  10. #10
    I think they like their thanks paid in beer.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:15 AM.