• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

JimG.

Staff member
This situation is exactly what I hoped to avoid. The weekend approaches and everyone from family to my kids' soccer coaches want me to commit my time. I've stubbornly insisted I'm going skiing on Friday, but at this point nobody is buying into that. I refuse to commit to anything other than skiing because once I do, Killington will announce it's opening on that day. Yet everyone making demands is going to start ragging if I refuse to make plans and then Killington doesn't open.

I'm in need of some evidence that Friday is going to possibly happen; does anyone have any word pro or con from Killington?

Greg

Staff member
JimG. said:
I'm in need of some evidence that Friday is going to possibly happen; does anyone have any word pro or con from Killington?
You'll know within minutes of me knowing. Gotta wait and see what, if anything, this storm delivers. If they get enough supplemental nat, they may be able to pull it off, but I wouldn't guess before Saturday. In leui of making the natives unnecessarily restless, I would go ahead with any family plans you might need to make for Friday.

JimG.

Staff member
Greg said:
In leui of making the natives unnecessarily restless, I would go ahead with any family plans you might need to make for Friday.

Let 'em be restless! Interestingly, my immediate family is still hoping we can ski on Friday. The rest of my family knows that I'm on ski call 24-7 once November arrives, but they like to test my resolve.

The soccer coaches can pound sand...these knuckleheads have a fetish for scheduling extra practices and games during holiday weekends. Get a life!

Greg

Staff member
Well, that's that. If by chance they open on 11/18, anyone else in?

JimG.

Staff member
riverc0il said:
nope, weekends only unless it's a pow day for me.

Me too.

At least they made a decision not to open this weekend and announced it today. Even though I feel like a horse that just got shot in the head to put it out of misery, it's better than still not knowing.

Anyway, here's hoping for a POW day on 11/18.

Vortex

Well looks like I'll work some on friday know and take a day in the winter to make up. A day next week might be ok. I have to get through a few days of work before plan B is even to be considered.

ChileMass

Too bad - I was hoping to wreck my old skis on some rock and have a real excuse to buy some new ones.

11/18 is doubtful b/c of work. What's the next planned weekend AZ outing?

JimG.

Staff member
ga2ski said:
JimG. said:
I refuse to commit to anything other than skiing because once I do, Killington will announce it's opening on that day.

Come on commit and take one for the team so i can ski on friday

Wow, alot to ask...hang out with my in-laws instead of going skiing so that you can go instead.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...let me think about this....

NO! (Not that it matters anymore now anyway). I guess we'll both have to hang out and drink beers.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
I'm skiing somewhere next friday. 11/18 Even if its in my mind.
I'm out for the 18th. :angry: Wife has a doctor's appt... Maybe I'll get out after Thanskgiving... :-?