• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Marc said:
Yeah, last year when we were up there for opening weekend, they only had great eastern, mousetrap, which got icy real quick, and whatever goes down below moustrap.

Still a real good time. I can't wait for that weekend.
Great eastern to mousetrap :blink: Not much fun on Great eastern Mousetrap is ok for the 10 seconds your on it. Is this the norm for opening day at k?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
what the heck is times new roman doing on that page! this just won't do....

edit: so getting a new computer makes you realize new things... such as not everyone has the arial narrow font on their computer and not everyone see's the web page as you designed it. :blink: :idea: :dunce: - heh!

ga2ski

I'll be there whenever opening day is, unless both SR and K open on Veteran's day. Then I'll be heading to SR as my family has a place up there and I can ski multiple days. I figure K open earlier that week. Of course all of this is weather dependent. After 10/24th (I need warm waether for a job I'm running), bring on the cold.

BeanoNYC

ALLSKIING said:
This is going to be a HUGE group..This is the list of people that said they are going.

Greg
BobR
JimG
Chilemass
RivercOil
ga2ski
Teachski
BeanoNYC
Zowi420
Skijay
Marc
Molecan

There is also some people still up in the air like myself. So this list could get larger :eek: .

I'm bringing my buddy up as well. He's going to be my "saftey" friend if BobR decides to get too frisky with me.

He's the one that really got me into skiing ... he's also my future bro in law!

JimG.

Staff member
Since the kids are off on Veteran's day, I'm thinking of making this a family trip. Come up Thursday night, ski 3 days and leave Sunday.

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
This weather has me concerned about the projected date. we seem to be a few weeks late. What do you guys think?
The week before is the critical time. We'll be fine...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
given how early kmart used to open *cough* *cough* november 11th is very late by their own previous standards. we all know why they took that route, but suffice to say it is plenty late enough to get some cold weather to blow snow. i mean, cripes, the last two years it has been cold enough that week for a small ski area in CT to beat kmart two years in a row. :lol:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I too am foolishly optimistic.

I will do a cold weather dance on top of my office desk if it comes to that. I don't think anyone in my office would think it out of the ordinary for me anyway... :dunce:

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
i mean, cripes, the last two years it has been cold enough that week for a small ski area in CT to beat kmart two years in a row. :lol:
I hate this comparison. K opening with a top to bottom run is not at all the same this as a coupla hundred foot patch...

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
riverc0il said:
i mean, cripes, the last two years it has been cold enough that week for a small ski area in CT to beat kmart two years in a row. :lol:
I hate this comparison. K opening with a top to bottom run is not at all the same this as a coupla hundred foot patch...

So, Steve, when Woodbury opens before Kmart again this year are you gonna head down here to ski opening day with us CT folks? ;) :lol:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Greg said:
riverc0il said:
no, you are right... and i completely agree... in the sense of the comparison that you just made.

however, the sense of the comparison i was trying to make is if woodbury can do what they do and pull a day in front of kmart, given the differences in temp and elevation, it just shows how much kmart could open sooner if they really wanted to and that the likely hood that they will have made enough snow by their scheduled opening day is very viable. the difference in ski experiences is undeniable and i often disregard woodbury when the list comes out of who is opening first. but the fact that they can do what they do says a lot regarding whether any one "could" open sooner if they really wanted to.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
bvibert said:
So, Steve, when Woodbury opens before Kmart again this year are you gonna head down here to ski opening day with us CT folks? ;) :lol:
i've made my thoughts on woodbury known before. it's a joke, all PR and hardly worth it unless you are in town. but the fact that kmart can get upstaged by a joke... that's the point i was trying to make.