• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
riverc0il said:
yea, i'd be more than happy to oblige any one that's a little camera shy. unless you wipe. if you yard sale, it's making the final cut. :lol:

Perhaps you should save those for the blooper reel... in which case that could just be a 20 minute "all Marc, all the time" segment.

But no, I'm not camera shy. Perhaps I'll bring my camera too, we could have a couple angles. I have a crappy JVC camcorder, but it's durable (survived multiple drops on asphalt). And I bought it for only $40 so it isn't a big deal if it gets broken. It uses VHS-C.

Plus I have a custom battery pack for it. It's the pack I made for my bike to run my lights for the 24 hour race.

It's a pack of 10 4000 mAh NiMH, because the light was 12V (1.2V/cell). The camera is 6V so I built in a switch so that pack can act essentialy as 2 packs of 5 working in parallel, or essentially an 8000 mAh battery. Not to mention the pack connects to the camera through leads and a DC plug so I can keep the batteries in my jacket so they'll put out full voltage in cold weather.

:beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
well, if there's enough crashes (you seem more than happy to supply them marc! ;) ), there can definitely be a seperate segment dedicated to crashes :lol: probably one camcorder would be better so all the film is the same format and is all in the same place for editing.

ga2ski

Greg said:
So here's the roll-call list so far:

Greg
Bob R
JimG.
Marc
ChileMass
zowi420
Powderqueen
riverc0il (hasn't confirmed here, but I know he's going)

A nice group and three new faces to meet so far. Who else is in?

I'm still a maybe it depends on conditions at SR vs. K. I will be skiing somewhere though

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
riverc0il said:
well, if there's enough crashes (you seem more than happy to supply them marc! ;) ), there can definitely be a seperate segment dedicated to crashes :lol: probably one camcorder would be better so all the film is the same format and is all in the same place for editing.

Well, I'm still going to bring it anyway for either a personal record or maybe I'll make a making of the film ;)

Plus I want to see if it actually works or not.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
K still on Friday.
Yes. Even if K opens earlier than the 11th, November 11 will be the official AZ Gathering. We may be looking at some additional terrain if all goes well the next few weeks! :beer:

Vortex

I'll be there the 11th and with any luck earlier as well.
I have heard from a few who would be into getting together earlier if that becomes an option but the 11th is going to happen still no matter what.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
I'll be there the 11th and with any luck earlier as well.
I have heard from a few who would be into getting together earlier if that becomes an option but the 11th is going to happen still no matter what.
If they do open earlier, I'll simply rename this thread with Nov. 11th as the title and new ones for earlier gatherings can be created...

Greg

Staff member
Anyone else panicking as to whether they can even make the 11th as re-opening date? I am... :-?

JimG.

Staff member
BeanoNYC said:
Greg said:
Anyone else panicking as to whether they can even make the 11th as re-opening date? I am... :-?

ummmmm ...... yes!

The long range certainly isn't looking good. If the forecast is more or less accurate, forget it.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
this week is definitely shot. next week not looking so great either but too early to rule it out. hopefully enough snow to do some hiking this coming weekend but without snow making and lower temps, everything will be gone by the 11th so here's hoping for a sudden change in the jet!

Greg

Staff member
Got word from the mountain that they're still shooting for the 11th. So, as we approach the one week mark, I'm still in. Here's the latest confirmed list:

Greg
Bob R
JimG.
Marc
ChileMass
zowi420
Powderqueen
riverc0il

SkiDog (75%)
ga2ski (maybe?)

JimG.

Staff member
I'm still in...looks like my family will be coming up too and my 2 oldest boys will be skiing with me.