• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

Greg

Staff member
I cannot wait. My plan is to ski K on Friday, November 11, regardless of whether they can open earlier or not. Let's just hope opening is not later than that...

bvibert

Staff member
I won't be able to make the 11th, I'll be stucj here working. :( I'm gonna try for the 12th, or the first Saturday they open...

loafer89

I would love to meet up with you guys at Killington, unfortunately I have to work on friday-saturday. :evil:

I am hoping to ski at Hunter, Belleayre or Jiminy on sunday 11/13/05 as the 12th is my birthday.

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
I am hoping to ski at Hunter, Belleayre or Jiminy on sunday 11/13/05 as the 12th is my birthday.
Think Jiminy will open by then? Hunter and Belleayre, maybe...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, when the 11th gets a little closer and we have our schedules down a little more, we'll have to find a time/place to meet up.

I'm so pumped... I'm going to have to discharge all this nervous anticipation energy on the bike ride today.

Or I might just crack.

I'm going to come to work tomorrow wearing my helmet and goggles or something.

BeanoNYC

Marc said:
So I didn't realize Friday the 11th is Veteran's Day.

Which I have off.

HAH! I'll be there on the 11th, 12th and 13th with any luck.

SNOW SNOW SNOW!

Wait ..... the opening day is Veteran's Day? I have off! Never mind see you punks that Friday!

molecan

Hmm, I hit K-mart last year for Veterans day. Looks like that tradition will be carried on this year.

Anyone know when Sunday River or Attitash is opening? A 3 state opening weekend would be a nice start to the season.

bvibert

Staff member
molecan said:
Hmm, I hit K-mart last year for Veterans day. Looks like that tradition will be carried on this year.

Anyone know when Sunday River or Attitash is opening? A 3 state opening weekend would be a nice start to the season.

Sunday River is planning on the 11th as well, and Attitash is planning on Nov 25th.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i am on board for the 11th. additional, i just learned my regional company meeting will be held at killington the following monday and tuesday :beer: can you say "dawn patrol"?
:beer:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
This is going to be a HUGE group..This is the list of people that said they are going.

Greg
BobR
JimG
Chilemass
RivercOil
ga2ski
Teachski
BeanoNYC
Zowi420
Skijay
Marc
Molecan

There is also some people still up in the air like myself. So this list could get larger :eek: .

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Perhaps for those of use that wear helmets, we should all just get big recognizeable AZ stickers for our helmets...

You know, like the Sugarloaf or WV stickers... except cooler.

Greg

Staff member
Marc said:
Perhaps for those of use that wear helmets, we should all just get big recognizeable AZ stickers for our helmets...
Like this?

helmet.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I bought one of those last year for that reason, but I couldn't find a spot on my helmet for it. The vents were in the wrong spot...

Vortex

I'll have an az hat on in the lodge while booting up. I'll have a tie dye on. We do a good job getting together. Better than some other groups I have seen. If you want a call just pm your cell number as well. There will only be a few trails this will be easy.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, last year when we were up there for opening weekend, they only had great eastern, mousetrap, which got icy real quick, and whatever goes down below moustrap.

Still a real good time. I can't wait for that weekend.