• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

Greg

Staff member
Is it too early to start discussing this? We're probably about 3 months out. Any takers?

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to last month! :lol: Actually we already started talking about it in this thread. :dunce: ;) So no, its not too early to start discussing it. I'd like to go, if opening day happens on a weekday I'll likely not make it. I imagine they like to open on a weekend though?

I'm VERY anxious to get back on some skis! :beer:

ChileMass

Hey - great idea! In theory I'm in, but I will need to look at the schedule as Opening Day gets closer. Probably around Nov 15 or so - ??

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Welcome to last month! :lol: Actually we already started talking about it in this thread. :dunce: ;)
Easy there, big guy. ;) That's just a general T&E ideas thread, so now we have a dedicate K OD thread...
:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Easy there, big guy. ;) That's just a general T&E ideas thread, so now we have a dedicate K OD thread...

I know, I just couldn't help myself! ;) :beer:

Do you think Killington would be mad if we started the snow guns up ourselves in October to get some early turns in? :roll:

thetrailboss

Staff member
bvibert said:
Do you think Killington would be mad if we started the snow guns up ourselves in October to get some early turns in? :roll:

Best idea I've heard all day!!! :idea:

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
dont you think it should be the first saterday after opening... not saying ill make it, it just seems to make sense
I'll probably aim to make opening day itself, or perhaps the first Friday. I rarely ski Saturdays (usually reserved for family/house-related projects). With my wife being due In January, I will be doing most of my skiing early or late-season so I don't mind taking a V day. BTW, Killington opened on Tuesday, November 9 last year.

Vortex

Thankx Brian. Imagine Greg stopming on a T/E forum about a gathering. :angry: :wink: I'll be at killington or Sunday River which ever is opens 1st. Well the 1st Sat. If both are open it will be Sunday River. We will do last minute details when we have facts. I don't take many November days off to ski. The exception is the day before Thanksgiving so I can have a long weekend. Sounds like Greg will help get people out if its midweek. :D
Hopefully we will get a long weekend of skiing over Veterans day weekend again. :idea:

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I'm out for weekdays too, unless it just happens to be on November 11(Veteran's Day) as I have that off. A Saturday should be fine though.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
ga2ski said:
riverc0il said:
already was planning on it, i am down so long as it is a weekend. i ain't burning a vaca day for november skiing!

That is what sick days are for. I should be there. I have made the past 4 opening days at K
i am not into taking sick days unless actually sick. kinda pisses me off when people do that :angry: but more pow(d)er to you. vaca days only for me and they don't get burned until there's at least 6" of fresh to ski on.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
riverc0il said:
ga2ski said:
riverc0il said:
already was planning on it, i am down so long as it is a weekend. i ain't burning a vaca day for november skiing!

That is what sick days are for. I should be there. I have made the past 4 opening days at K
i am not into taking sick days unless actually sick. kinda pisses me off when people do that :angry: but more pow(d)er to you.
Oh come on now you have never done it?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
riverc0il said:
nope. i always arrange to take unschedule vacation days after a storm. never a sick day. no justification for a lie in my book, it's just not in me.
I work for myself so I am not sure how it goes over in the corp world but I always thought of it as a lie with a :wink: mixed in.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
ga2ski said:
others in my office use the sick days for beach, so why shouldn't I use mine for the snow. Besides my car doesn't know how to drive south when there is more than 12" of snow.
i never justify my own actions through those of others. just too principled to lie to someone. for better or worse (worse for me when i want to ski midweek). i'd rather it be worse for me and not be able to ski than sacrifice principle. that's just me though.