• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thank You Chris, Jarrod and Kurt (warning sundown/bump related)

2knees

steepresize.JPG

turnresize.JPG

norresize.JPG

they look kinda nasty now but in a half a day they should be kick ass!

you guys RULE!

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
new bumps built 1/09/09

turnresize.JPG

steepresize.JPG

norresize.JPG

here ya go!

the snow that was made on top of the piles was pretty soft and edgable. I'd say that these will break in pretty nice, however, as always, it'll take some skiing, some snowmaking and some natural. all of which is happening. yay!

Greg

Staff member
Ha! Awesome Jarrod. Thanks for the update. It always amazes me how alien-like those things look after just being seeded. By Sunday, we should be rockin' and rollin'! :cool:

2knees

did you hack my computer? i just posted those ahaha

lol, nope i just happened to be checking sundowns website and nearly crapped myself when i saw those pictures.

you want to trade jobs for a while?

Greg

Staff member
lol, nope i just happened to be checking sundowns website and nearly crapped myself when i saw those pictures.

you want to trade jobs for a while?

Ha ha. I love it how an AZer spots those pics before Jarrod can even announce them. :lol: Threads merged...

2knees

call me a nerd but how do you guys actually go about doing that?

do you mow down the old ones, till up the surface and then just pull piles together with the blade of the cat?

or do you mow them down, blow snow and then build the piles. the surface on temptor was something north of bullet proof the last time i was there, its gotta be a real pita to break that up.

Greg

Staff member
call me a nerd but how do you guys actually go about doing that?

do you mow down the old ones, till up the surface and then just pull piles together with the blade of the cat?

or do you mow them down, blow snow and then build the piles. the surface on temptor was something north of bullet proof the last time i was there, its gotta be a real pita to break that up.

That new cat they got is a monster. I saw it mowing whales on Gunny with ease the day they opened it.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
the new cat is the balls. straight up.

Snowcat Jeff smashed the old ones (he likes groomes) and kurt made some snow on the trial, mixed in the old with the new, and then pushes alternating piles... throws up around 2/3 the way down and then forces himself to finish out the trail. the snow guns stay on untill theres 2 inches or so of a coating and viola... bumps... bumpy bumps... with bumps on them... haha... they'll smooth out nicely.