• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$10 Parking at Gore

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding parking at Gore Mountain- I am also in receipt of your comment to Ted Blazer. Rest assured, you can park FREE any day of the season at Gore. We have added more parking, more shuttle buses, and we are confident that your parking experience has been much improved this season over last.

We are exploring premier paid parking, which is commonplace at many ski areas and attractions. How many spots that may be reserved for that option has yet to be seen, however when we start, it will be with just a portion of the top lot.

There will be information on our website in advance of initiating any paid parking opportunities. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments.

Emily Stanton
Gore Mountain Marketing Manager
(518) 251-2411, X1121
emily@goremountain.com

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding parking at Gore Mountain- I am also in receipt of your comment to Ted Blazer. Rest assured, you can park FREE any day of the season at Gore. We have added more parking, more shuttle buses, and we are confident that your parking experience has been much improved this season over last.

We are exploring premier paid parking, which is commonplace at many ski areas and attractions. How many spots that may be reserved for that option has yet to be seen, however when we start, it will be with just a portion of the top lot.

There will be information on our website in advance of initiating any paid parking opportunities. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments.

Emily Stanton
Gore Mountain Marketing Manager
518 251-2411, X1121
emily@goremountain.com

Emily's note is very carefully worded. "When we start" there will still be "some" free parking in the upper lot.

As usual the devil is in the details. I'll try to stay open minded, but it does feel like the strategy is to float the concept...let it creep out... get us used to it...and then expand it as far as they can. I hope I am wrong.

If there is a reasonable percentage of free parking up top, I'm ok with it.

Contrary to what some may think I am a capitalist. People should charge whatever they want for anything they own.

(I won't get into the issue of who "owns" Gore mountain...I don't even know if the parking lot is on state land.)

In a free society I can also give my opinion.

I don't think it's fair or smart business, to charge your best customers, your passholder families, the most.

dmc

Resorts gotta find $ in these tough times..

Would you rather they cut back snowmaking?

drjeff

I don't think it's fair or smart business, to charge your best customers, your passholder families, the most.

Many resorts do that already. If you think about it, most passholders already shell out more $$ for the pass than a day tripper will for tixs at a specific resort over a season. Over that season, many passholders will end up spending more $$ for food at a mountain than a day tripper. It just makes sense then that the season passholder will realize the benefit of a regular prime parking space more than the couple of times a year day tripper and be willing to pay extra $$ for it.

I'm not saying that I agree with the overall concept. But it is a reality of the modern ski industry, the ability in many cases to put a price on a perceived premium product/service.

As you've posted, I believe here, or maybe on one of the other multiple forums you've been posting this on, the biggest issue may very well be that Gore is rolling this out on a per diem basis with no "season pass" option for parking.

twinplanx

Sound like just another to push the small guys out of a growing elitist sector. Pretty soon skiing will be like polo and golf. Gore could change it's name to Stowkemo Country Club and $ell tea and crumpets.

What is happening w/ all the state funneled $$$? I'm pretty sure any other area nickel and dimming there customers does not have the advantage that Gore and WF do.

Phildozer

Sound like just another to push the small guys out of a growing elitist sector. Pretty soon skiing will be like polo and golf.

If you want to golf for cheap, go to a municipal course and walk. If you want to play at a private course with a caddy, you're going to have to pay for the experience.

Same goes for skiing. Quit crying and go ski.

twinplanx

If you want to golf for cheap, go to a municipal course and walk. If you want to play at a private course with a caddy, you're going to have to pay for the experience.

Same goes for skiing. Quit crying and go ski.

That is the only way I've ever experienced the game of golf. I'm not cryin. Just callin BS on this situation.

Don't you have some corn to mash?:spread::beer:

BLESS

yet another example of the little guy getting screwed so a company can make a few extra bucks. Not suprising at all. Screw the capitalist argument. Just cause you can do it, doesnt mean you should.

up next....a $20 fee for restroom line privileges, if you gotta go bad, buck up.

Last edited:

Phildozer

yet another example of the little guy getting screwed so a company can make a few extra bucks. Not suprising at all. Screw the capitalist argument. Just cause you can do it, doesnt mean you should.

They're not charging everyone to park, just lazy people with $10 extra dollars.

Moe Ghoul

Sound like just another to push the small guys out of a growing elitist sector. Pretty soon skiing will be like polo and golf. Gore could change it's name to Stowkemo Country Club and $ell tea and crumpets.

What is happening w/ all the state funneled $$$? I'm pretty sure any other area nickel and dimming there customers does not have the advantage that Gore and WF do.

It's not just charging for parking, it's the collective creep towards charging for EVERYTHING that is disheartening. Seems like resorts managed to make snow for many years without parking fees, so I'm not buying it. If a hill is run by a for profit corp with shareholders and therefore trying to squeeze every nickel and dime of revenue out of the asset, at least its honest, even though it still stinks. On the flipside, those in favor are correct, I could park in the lower lot for free, brown bag my meals, find discounts on tix, etc. It may eventually push more folks into turn earners and giving resorts the finger for good. I guess if there are willing payers its here to stay.

bvibert

Staff member
I heard Gore is going to start using receipt checkers too. Get ready, it's coming...

dmc

It's quickly diminishing to fund things that people actually need..