• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Orion Cookout - August 8th Stamford, Conn

I might come..I checked to see when my buddys wedding is and it's June 12th and that's my only commitment in June..it would be worth the drive for all the great food..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Question about the Orion. Can you employ other woods effectively or is this strictly a charcoal smoker / slow cooker? I haven't found much info online regarding people using applewood or other options. Either that or I haven't been paying well enough attention :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Question about the Orion. Can you employ other woods effectively or is this strictly a charcoal smoker / slow cooker? I haven't found much info online regarding people using applewood or other options. Either that or I haven't been paying well enough attention :lol:

I've used all types of different wood in the Orion. My current arsenal consists of
Hickory
Mesquite
Cherry
Apple
Maple
Sassafras

ctenidae

Bump and gripe.

The good news is, you can have beer (but no other intoxicating liquids), but not in glass (riiiight).

The bad news is, and this is something that really chaps my hide about this state, it costs $20 to get a permit to enter the park if you're not a resident. Which, I'm guessing, none of us are. The big park in Greenwich is the same way. WTF is up with charging to enter a city park? Imaguine Central Park charging $20 to get in. Or the Commons in Boston. Charging for parks is near the top of my "Why I Hate Connecticut" list.

/rant off

deadheadskier

Staff member
only 'park' I've ever recalled paying to enter is a beach, but that's a parking fee typically; not an 'entrance fee'

with you cten that's pretty lame

o3jeff

Bump and gripe.

The good news is, you can have beer (but no other intoxicating liquids), but not in glass (riiiight).

The bad news is, and this is something that really chaps my hide about this state, it costs $20 to get a permit to enter the park if you're not a resident. Which, I'm guessing, none of us are. The big park in Greenwich is the same way. WTF is up with charging to enter a city park? Imaguine Central Park charging $20 to get in. Or the Commons in Boston. Charging for parks is near the top of my "Why I Hate Connecticut" list.

/rant off

It looks like it is actually Stamford that is charging and get the money and not the greedy state.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Bump and gripe.

/rant off

Problem solved ;) See you there :beer:
3738287202_40f634638e_b.jpg