• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dining + apres-ski recommendations near Jay Peak

Shroud

My wife and her friends are headed up there this weekend. Does anyone have any dining and/or apres-ski recommendations for some women in their mid 30s?

Talisman

I'm a fan of a few of the small restaurants in Magog or Owl's Head, Quebec. If Quebec seems too far (it really isn't) and not the Belfry try the Lakeside Cafe or what ever in Newport.

JerseyJoey

Hotel Jay has great dinners. Bar is quiet though. If they ski Jay the way it's meant to be skied, they won't have the energy for Apres so not to worry. That place can suck the life out of ya.

BigJay

The Belfry, down near Mont-G-C.

The place to be if you wanted to be assled by bearded tele-dudes! :-o
(yeah, i love it there... but i don't think it fits the "4-women get away from the kids" type of weekend!)

Are they staying for the weekend? If so, they don't need to drive too far... Might want to check out the North Troy Inn or something... It's on main street... Use to be pretty good restaurant... Not an "apres-ski" kind of place...

Jay Village Inn (JVI) or The Lodge in Jay would be just down the road...

Shroud

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm sure my wife and her friends will have a blast.