Ski Sundown BUMP or BUST Mogul Competition - 1/24/09 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'm not really sure, I didn't make the top 16, which is all I know. I think Johnny Poach may have been the top finisher, but he's only an Azer by proxy. Powhunter, Greg, 2knees, mondeo, gmcunni, and madskier6 all qualified (I think) and had real solid runs (I apologize if I missed anyone).
    um, i was eliminated by 180 in the round of 8. same as johnny.

but i had solid runs.

Any note worthy airs outside of downhill's 3?

How was the course?

This trip report sucks. You all aren't offering much for those looking to live vicariously through alpinezone

Quote Originally Posted by downhill04 View Post
    Well I am a man of my word. I promised that I would take one for the team and come up with a spectacular crash. Here is a pick of the aftermath.

Glad you are OK. You had a far out look in your eye after you wrecked.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Despite being a big p&ssy and bypassing the kicker I was happy how I skied today. I had better runs than my one official run but who gives a shit. Very fun day. Thanks to everyone at Sundown for putting on a 1st class event.

Greg, you may have lost to a girl but she ripped and was cute as hell.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

man that was a blast get ready for march !

Sounds like you all had fun and I feel like I miss out on all the great AZ times while I'm stuck here in Michigan, but......what I got out of the story so far is that Greg got beat by a girl, while Downhill40 got beat up by a girl, and Brian thought he'd look like a girl with a basket of cookies.......am I missin sumthin?

Where's the video?
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

And yes, just so I can be the first to say it, I lost to a girl! And she definitely deserved to win.

!
    No shame loosing to her, she was awsome! I am also very glad Jay is ok, that crash really has us worried. You said you were going to go big and you didn't disappoint! We should also make mention that Mike (Mondeo) broke one of his bumps skis last night. So he did what any of us would do, woke up at 4:30am this morning and drove to the only shop he knew of that had mogul ski's in-stock.........3.5 hours away up at Killington. Only to drive all the way back for the comp. That is some serious dedication!

I didn't qualify either, not really a big shock there. I am just glad I managed to make myself hit those kickers. I almost crapped my shorts when I arrived to find those things a good 18" higher and much steeper than they were the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I had fun hanging with the guys and watching Sundown's HD footage of the event on the big screen in the bar afterwards.
    guy shooting the video for Sundown did a great job, that was a lot of fun to watch in the bar. the whole place was really getting into it.

hopefully they post the video on skisundown.com
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26
    Keystone - 1.12

Quote Originally Posted by downhill04 View Post
    moderators... jay is hurt and needs help, please update his avatar for him ^^^
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26
    Keystone - 1.12

Wow, what a geat day. Thanks to EVERYONE. Sundown is one fine little mountain. The kids had a blast. The vibe was great. I think I will pickup a pair of those Head rental boots for my next competition.

Some crappy video

Spencer

Luke

more to come
    Last edited by 180; Jan 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Thread Information