• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown BUMP or BUST Mogul Competition - 1/24/09

bvibert

Staff member
This looks like a great event. It is tempting me to drive south to ski. Do I get the tele handicap like in Nastar????

They seemed to do that last year, but I think I heard no handicap this year. If they got enough tele skiers I think they'd setup a different division though..

ga2ski

I was kidding I don't need no stinking handicap. I want to know how I compare to everyone else.

I wish other mountains would throw together events like this. No need to make it too fancy, just get out there and have some fun.

I wish a mountain would do a king of the hill series. A series of events for Moguls, slalom, GS, downhill, maybe slopestyle, and halfpipe.

Greg

Staff member
I wish other mountains would throw together events like this. No need to make it too fancy, just get out there and have some fun.

I'd be happy if more mountains down here just had consistent bumps.

I wish a mountain would do a king of the hill series. A series of events for Moguls, slalom, GS, downhill, maybe slopestyle, and halfpipe.

Hmm. That's something Sundown could pull off. Maybe not the half pipe part, but a mogul, racing and park component would be cool.

mondeo

Hmm. That's something Sundown could pull off. Maybe not the half pipe part, but a mogul, racing and park component would be cool.

Half pipe after expansion, maybe? You know better than anyone outside of Sundown.

Personally, I think there should be a combined freestyle competition for WC and Olympics, which would probably be picked up on at the amateur level. Get everyone competing in halfpipe, bumps, and skiercross, and add slopestyle into the WC events. Maybe aerials too, though there really isn't an amateur base for that and I'm not really sure of its future. There's alpine combined and nordic combined, I'm not sure why they haven't made the move to freestyle combined yet.

Trekchick

I'm not sure if its been posted here because I"ve been spending most of my time chasing my tail, but........Mogulskiing.net is having an event at Sugarbush, IIRC. I'll see if I can find the info (in the mean time I'll look more on this site and see if he's posted it already.)
Looks like fun. Wish it were closer to me

bvibert

Staff member

Greg

Staff member
Just an FYI, I'm going to try to get the HD version of the Sundown vid posted tonight before racing. Jarrod is out today...

2knees

nice vid. thanks for freezing your arse off Jeff and thanks to B for putting that up.

good work by everyone.

Jay, hope you bounce back quick bro!

2knees

I just want to give a quick thank you to everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I'm looking forward to hitting the slopes with all of you ASAP.

i'm just catching up on this thread. lots of good stuff.

Jay, you are the MAN! i was waiting at the bottom talking to someone, basically wondering if you were gonna throw a 3 given the firmness of the course when we saw you wind up on the approach. It was freakin sick in person. Unless you were there and skied that course, its not possible to imagine the balls it took to try that. When you went down, i thought you had to have broken your ribs or hurt your back. A++++ to you my man. you're insane. for the love of god, you bounced like a beach ball after you crashed.

Greg

Staff member
BTW, check out the 2knees run starting at 3:13. That might very well be the cleanest run of the day.

downhill04

Great job on another video. Really shows the beating DH04 took.

Has he mentioned how his eye appointment went?

I had the eye appointment monday. Everything is expected to heal on it's own. I have a broken bone in the bottom of my eye socket that created an opening between my nasal passage and my eye. So the swelling is more due to an air bubble. They put me on antibiotics to prevent an infection from getting in there. Dr said it should take about 2 weeks to heal.

I’m eyeballing the second weekend in February to get back on the slopes. The only thing that is sore are the broken ribs but other than that I’m feeling like a million bucks.

downhill04

i'm just catching up on this thread. lots of good stuff.

Jay, you are the MAN! i was waiting at the bottom talking to someone, basically wondering if you were gonna throw a 3 given the firmness of the course when we saw you wind up on the approach. It was freakin sick in person. Unless you were there and skied that course, its not possible to imagine the balls it took to try that. When you went down, i thought you had to have broken your ribs or hurt your back. A++++ to you my man. you're insane. for the love of god, you bounced like a beach ball after you crashed.

As much as my ego appreciates this praise, I’m not sure it is warranted. After you told me how much faster the left side was compared to the right, I got it in my head that I wanted to qualify high so I could keep skiing the left side of the course. That was my first run down the left side. I didn’t know who hard and slick the bottom bumps were over there. I made the decision to just go for it and honestly it didn’t even dawn on me how the bumps were going to be after the kicker.

So as for having balls, I don’t know. What I do know is that I’m just a knuckle head who doesn’t think things through. I just run full bore and deal with the consequences afterwards. One of these days I will grow up but I don’t see that happening anytime soon
:dunce: