• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown BUMP or BUST Mogul Competition - 1/24/09

bvibert

Staff member
Alright, here's a video. No dubbed in music because Jarrod's commentary was funny. Sorry it's so long and big (283.34MB if you want to download it), but I wanted to show all the action.

I got as many names in as I could remember. I hope I got them all right.

Greg

Staff member
Alright, here's a video. No dubbed in music because Jarrod's commentary was funny. Sorry it's so long and big (283.34MB if you want to download it), but I wanted to show all the action.

Sweet! I only watched bits and pieces, but I'll give it another look. Nice job Jeff and Brian! I'll have another video later this morning of the kids and womens final and the men's semi-finals and final. Gary provided a bunch of footage as he and I were covering the course from both sides below the kickers. I also have the awards presentation in there.

Greg

Staff member
Here's my vid:

Thanks Gary for the great footage! Moving a gigabyte of data around the internet can prove to be challenging!

bvibert

Staff member
Sweet! I only watched bits and pieces

Yeah, I know it's long, I only cut a few minutes of the total footage out. I probably didn't need to include all the full runs, but the bottom is where some people looked the best, and others the worst, so it was worth it in most cases. I honestly did try to cut out as much fluff as I could.

bvibert

Staff member

I forgot to mention that o3jeff deserves credit for standing up there in the cold wind to get most of the footage. Thanks Jeff! It came out great!

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't realize how shitty my run was until I looked at the footage. I knew it was bad, but man I sucked! I have a lot of work to do. I was trying to find a good balance of getting some practice in without wearing myself out on the day of the event, but I ended up getting even less than I wanted, and it showed. I had a decent idea of the line leading up to the kicker, but after nearly wiping out right before it and then being forced to roll it since I had no speed I realized that I had not bothered to pick out a good line after the kicker.

I still had fun and it was a great day, I'm just disappointed with my performance, especially after all my practice.

SkiDork

Great job, and I wish we could have made it. Looks like a fun time. I was freezing my own butt both days at Stratton (especially yesterday) filming the B comp there. When is the March comp? Maybe we can make that.

The bumps up top, were they as smoothly spaced as the ones below the kicker? It looked like folks were having a bit of trouble with them.

Greg

Staff member
nice!! the 2 camera shoot worked well. Great job putting that all together.

Thanks again for your footage. Yeah, it worked out pretty well. If I had thought about it, I might have kept you stationed at the top like we had for the 2knees/180 heat.

bvibert

Staff member
Here's my vid:

Thanks Gary for the great footage! Moving a gigabyte of data around the internet can prove to be challenging!

Nice job Greg! Good use of the different camera angles! :beer:

gmcunni

Thanks again for your footage. Yeah, it worked out pretty well. If I had thought about it, I might have kept you stationed at the top like we had for the 2knees/180 heat.

i'd offer to do it in March that way but i plan on competing in more rounds that day :spin:

bvibert

Staff member
The bumps up top, were they as smoothly spaced as the ones below the kicker? It looked like folks were having a bit of trouble with them.

The bumps up top were totally different animals than the ones after the kicker. The bumps below the kicker were reseeded just a few days before the comp and saw a little snowmaking. The bumps up top were around for a lot longer and were way bigger and more skied in.