• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown BUMP or BUST Mogul Competition - 1/24/09

Greg

Staff member
Heading out to a neighbor's party so I don't have time to elaborate, but I figured I'd get the 42 page thread discussing the third bump started.

Awesome day! Men's 19 and up results:

1 - Dave Adams (Hunter)
2 - Bart, Sundown Ski Patrol
3 - AZ's 180 (Hunter)
4 - Some Killington ripper

And yes, just so I can be the first to say it, I lost to a girl! :lol: And she definitely deserved to win.

More later. Got some sick video from below the kicker of the later rounds. o3jeff shot vid with Brian's camera. Maybe you'll see that sometime in August. gmcunni also shot vid.

Also, talked to downhill04 on the way home. He's fine. Got a gash running down his leg and an eye that's swollen shut, but he sounds good. Sick 360, Jay! :beer:

Great time!!! Thanks Chris, Jarrod and Dotty for putting on an awesome event!

bvibert

Staff member
God times good times. Nice to see everyone out there, especially the guys from Hunter and Killington!

As expected I didn't qualify, but I still had lots of fun! The Sundown guys put on a real good event, everything seemed to run smoothly, thanks guys!

I had fun hanging with the guys and watching Sundown's HD footage of the event on the big screen in the bar afterwards. That beer that was on special was pretty good, and seemed to pack a punch (to me anyway ;) )

Glad to hear that Jay is ok, that crash looked pretty nasty from where I was, but the 360 before him was sweet!

o3jeff

Awesome by all you that entered. Fun day and got to meet a few more AZ'ers.

Great job by the Sundown crew for putting on the event and thanks to Chris and Jarrod for letting me up on the perch to record it and also the entertainment while up there!

downhill04

Well I am a man of my word. I promised that I would take one for the team and come up with a spectacular crash. Here is a pick of the aftermath.

Black_Eye.JPG

bvibert

Staff member
Well I am a man of my word. I promised that I would take one for the team and come up with a spectacular crash. Here is a pick of the aftermath.

Black_Eye.JPG

Dude, that's rough! We were all pretty worried about you when you didn't get up right away. I was glad when you started moving. Nice work on the 360 though!

powhunter

Had a lot of fun today!!! There were some fantastic skiers out there today!!!! Thanks Chris, Jarrod and company for the hard work and effort!!!! Jay.................You are a FN madman!!!! Hope your wounds heal quickly!!!!

steveo

bvibert

Staff member
BTW - Jay, you missed a free shot at the bar. The bartender was so impressed by your display when they played it back that he said you could have a free shot..

gmcunni

glad to hear you are Ok but you look like crap. you had everyone scared when you didn't get up right away.. the ski patrol stationed at the top started down after you and a bunch of people from the bottom started running up to you.

nice 3 btw !

downhill04

Dude, that's rough! We were all pretty worried about you when you didn't get up right away. I was glad when you started moving. Nice work on the 360 though!

Thanks. While I was laying there I was just basically taking inventory of what wasn't hurt. I probably would've laid down longer if I didn't hear my girlfriend screamming and running towards me.

I wish I could've stuck around and watch the rest of the event but I needed to get home before my eye swelled completly shut.

gmcunni

great time today. good job by the Ski Sundown folks, they hosted an excellent event.

Can't wait for March.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Ouch! You go all out, don't you, Jay? ;) Feel better soon, man!

Sorry I missed it but I had to work today. I wanted to send cookies along but Brian felt that wasn't very manly for him to transport. ;) Can't wait to see the footage and catch y'all in the Gunny comp in March!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That was your fault, too. ;) And I repeat, you said you would not bring cookies for the guys competing. You thought it was fruity or something.

2knees

gotta write this quick as the wife wants some time

bottom line is Jay is the man of the day. The hunter guys ripped and a johhny put on a show but Downhill04 was the man with the big balls.

end of story as far as i'm concerned.

Jay, i hope you realize how crazy that shit was and maybe next time, save it for a later run.

2knees

Outside of 180, how'd the rest of the AZ gang finish?

I got paired against 180 in the round of 8 and crashed right out of the gate. I knew i was in trouble so i tried to ski real fast.

with bad results. oh well.

bvibert

Staff member
Outside of 180, how'd the rest of the AZ gang finish?

I'm not really sure, I didn't make the top 16, which is all I know. I think Johnny Poach may have been the top finisher, but he's only an Azer by proxy. Powhunter, Greg, 2knees, mondeo, gmcunni, and madskier6 all qualified (I think) and had real solid runs (I apologize if I missed anyone).

wa-loaf

If you are gonna put up the vid icon, put up some vid! Damn teases.

:lol: sounds like it will be pretty good once you guys get it up.

o3jeff

:lol: sounds like it will be pretty good once you guys get it up.

I hope so to considering it was my first time using a video camera and also had to do it wearing mittens since I forgot my gloves:lol: If not I stood there freezing for nothing.

powhunter

I was up against 180 in the first round...Then something freaky happened...right when I started my right pole just snapped..Need less to say just totally FD up my skiing.....Not that I had a chance against Alan anyways

steveo