• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/28 Storm Discussion Thread

gladerider

A weak attempt at sarcasm....

Good ole fashioned slizzard here. Better than rain...

not a sarcasm. heading up to bromely friday night. rain band reaching northfield doesn't sound good.

any updates from folks around west dover or jamaica?

Greg

Staff member
not a sarcasm. heading up to bromely friday night. rain band reaching northfield doesn't sound good.

I meant JD was being sarcastic, not you. I doubt very much it's raining in Northfield.

gmcunni

I meant JD was being sarcastic, not you. I doubt very much it's raining in Northfield.

wait, he was kidding? crap, i just cancelled a motel reservation up there and paid 15% cancellation fee because i didn't think it woudl be good skiing!!!:angry:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
wait, he was kidding? crap, i just cancelled a motel reservation up there and paid 15% cancellation fee because i didn't think it woudl be good skiing!!!:angry:

see, you guys are getting the hang of indigenous Yankee humor now! No facial expression, no smilies. That's what I got grilled on about a year ago here when I tried to do it, so I gave it up. But I still get trapped now and then, so I just drop it. Mixed audience.

Anyways, it sure is nice that all this fresh snow has obviated the grumpiness that prevailed on this forum a few short months back. Snow does wonders to sooth the soul....8)

gladerider

got it. i just checked the intellicast and vermont looks safe.

gmcunni - they'd prolly take your reservation back if you explain to them you got played....:)

danny p

belleayre was sweet this morning, dumping like crazy until 11:30, then dumping mix that was mostly snow, then half sleet/snow.....left around 1:00 when there was more sleet than snow in the mix precip....trails were still pretty nice and the untracked was getting deep by the time I left. Pretty sweet pow morning for $20.

Greg

Staff member
We're getting dry slotted which is fine by me since we went the freezing rain earlier this afternoon.

deadheadskier

Staff member
not liking what I see on the radar. red in making it into SVT.

Hopefully they're spared

...and hopefully Cannon gets hammered with 12+ and no mixing. While I want get to enjoy powder on Sunday as it will all be tracked out, it sounds like the base is close for opening several glades and I'd like to get in them, especially Kinsman.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Wonderful skiing today in northern VT. Of course, I drove through horrific conditions to get to Middlebury Snow Bowl today, only to find out that most of the mountain was on wind hold. Wind didn't seem that bad to me and I decided to just make the best of it, since we were already there. We played on the little slope, mostly in the woods on that side, and the powder was fantastic.