• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recent Forum Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
As many of you know, we've been experiencing a lot of instability lately which resulted in me needing to take the forum fully offline last night. I think I have the problem pinned down to an incompatibility between the latest version of vBulletin and vbSEO (a search engine optimization script. I currently have vbSEO disabled so forum URLs may look a bit different. If stability improves, I will look into upgrading vbSEO. However, I am also considering just uninstalling the script since the next version of vBulletin is supposed to have some significant built-in SEO features. The downside to that, and it's a significant one, is that we'll lose all current search engine placements since the search engines have all the old URLs indexed. It will take a while for the new ones to get spidered.

Well, that's the current status. I apologize for the inconvenience.

o3jeff

I just though it was because you were changing the main fourm over to a Sundown/bump forum and having a sub forum for everything else!

Hopefully the change works.

Greg

Staff member
Anyone have any issues today? Seems zippy to me. I'm trying to decide if I want to reapply an update to that vbSEO software. There is some nice functionality to it.

Greg

Staff member
Okay. I upgraded vbSEO to the latest and greatest version. Please let me know if anyone has any more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.