• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust II - 3/22/09

Course for mogul comp?

• Top to bottom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Top to midstation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Top of steep pitch to midstation

• Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

• Exhibition ;)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiDork

I will be videoing with my JVC high def cam. I can certainly switch cams when my son isn't skiing if needed.

Madroch

Course length has me a little concerned as well... that is a pretty good stretch for some of us. It may be the answer to my inability to reach decent speeds- legs too tired to turn? I may rip it yet... just make sure the finish is clear for a Jayesque finish (hopefully without the injuries due to softer snow).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'll be there if you want me to record again.
I had already volunteered you! :D

jeff, you are entering the comp and not available for video duty.
:p

I will be bringing the DSLR and plan on having a good spot to get pics, but I'm not sure how well I'll do with actually operating it since I haven't had much time lately to re-learn that stuff. :oops:

Greg

Staff member
Alan made a suggestion today to just groom the last 6 or 8 rows of bumps. It's almost straightline sillyness at this point.

Creakyknees

Alan made a suggestion today to just groom the last 6 or 8 rows of bumps. It's almost straightline sillyness at this point.

Could we move those to the top or store them away for next season.:wink:

bvibert

Staff member
Course length has me a little concerned as well... that is a pretty good stretch for some of us. It may be the answer to my inability to reach decent speeds- legs too tired to turn? I may rip it yet... just make sure the finish is clear for a Jayesque finish (hopefully without the injuries due to softer snow).

It is a long course, but we did a few hot runs tonight from where we thought the start might be and everyone managed to finish. We didn't hit the course kickers (which are constructed, but closed), but we skied the rest of the course in duals format, which was really cool. We did it at the end of the session too, when everyone was tired. I'm now very confident that I can at least ski the whole course, especially on fresher legs.

Madroch

It is a long course, but we did a few hot runs tonight from where we thought the start might be and everyone managed to finish. We didn't hit the course kickers (which are constructed, but closed), but we skied the rest of the course in duals format, which was really cool. We did it at the end of the session too, when everyone was tired. I'm now very confident that I can at least ski the whole course, especially on fresher legs.

We shall see... if they groom the last 6-8 rows if may help-- I can stop holding on for dear life a little sooner.

MR. evil

I agree with Brian. I was concearned about course lenght at first, but last night eased those concearns. The 2 airs will add another dimension.

bvibert

Staff member
I agree with Brian. I was concearned about course lenght at first, but last night eased those concearns. The 2 airs will add another dimension.

Yes, the airs are adding some apprehension for me. Luckily, for me, they don't seem really big.

Greg

Staff member

Yes, the airs are adding some apprehension for me. Luckily, for me, they don't seem really big.

The adrenaline of the day will help you get over the air anxiety. I actually hope they make them bigger. Kinda small right now. Not sure how it's going to go, but I want to try a double air. I've only tried it a few times and it never really looked all that good I'm sure, but if I can pull it off, it might be the edge I need if I get a duel. 2' oclock twist > No-ssack combo? Siiiiiiiick.... :lol:

BTW:

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49

What? What?

MR. evil

The adrenaline of the day will help you get over the air anxiety. I actually hope they make them bigger. Kinda small right now. Not sure how it's going to go, but I want to try a double air. I've only tried it a few times and it never really looked all that good I'm sure, but if I can pull it off, it might be the edge I need if I get a duel. 2' oclock twist > No-ssack combo? Siiiiiiiick.... :lol:

I don't mind getting air anymore (I am starting to like it), but I still have not quite figured out how to get back into the bumps on my line after the air.

Greg

Staff member
Jay - I can't remember if you're competing or not, but either way you should come. If you're not on skis, just drink a lot and whoop it up!
:beer:

downhill04

Jay - I can't remember if you're competing or not, but either way you should come. If you're not on skis, just drink a lot and whoop it up!
:beer:

I am still up in the air on competing. I want to and feel like I could but know I will pay for it big time the next couple of weeks. I do plan on being there one way or another. If I'm not on skis I wil def be cheering you guys on. I take that back, Greg if you are skiing against a chick again I'm going to be cheering for her :wink: 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.