• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust II - 3/22/09

Course for mogul comp?

• Top to bottom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Top to midstation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Top of steep pitch to midstation

• Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

• Exhibition ;)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I will one up you...how about a biathlon type event?

A timed top to bottom run down Gunny. Get to the bottom, change into riding gear and then a ten mile (or 5 mile) MTB ride ending back the lodge. Change into you ski gear and then one more top to bottom run down the bumps. Lowest total time wins. That would be a truly unique and awesome event.

i'd be up for it,

only issue i know of would be the lack of a legal mountain bike trail...

"no bikes on blue blazed trails" .... wouldn't go over well

nepaug isn't far... but i don't see it working.

MR. evil

i'd be up for it,

only issue i know of would be the lack of a legal mountain bike trail...

"no bikes on blue blazed trails" .... wouldn't go over well

nepaug isn't far... but i don't see it working.

I would think you could get an exemption from the local land manager for the event. I also like Brian / Grassi's idea of making it tri-athlon with a hike up the hill after the MTB phase to then do the final bump run........

2knees

just a reminder... there is a slopestyle and big air on the same day... both with cash prizes.

who's gunnin for 2,500 dollars?

i thought the big air was invite only.

i can get big air, but i need a bowl of saurkraut and some refried beans.........

Greg

Staff member
This is a fantastic idea worthy of reposting here:

I was talking to Chris S. about the format for the bump comp and he really liked my idea that the we have the top 24 qualify instead of a top 16. The twist to my idea to get the brackets to work is that the top 8 will get a first round bye. The remaining 16 battle it out head to head. The 8 left of that 16 then ski the top 8.

If there is a really huge turn out don't rule out 32 qualifiers.

Gives hacks like me hope of at least qualifying... :lol:

gmcunni

This is a fantastic idea worthy of reposting here:

Gives hacks like me hope of at least qualifying... :lol:

+1. if the guys there yesterday are coming back next week all i can say is it will be fun watching the comp. i'll spend more time shooting video than skiing :spin:

with less than a week to go has the course been finalized? how many kickers?

o3jeff

+1. if the guys there yesterday are coming back next week all i can say is it will be fun watching the comp. i'll spend more time shooting video than skiing :spin:

with less than a week to go has the course been finalized? how many kickers?

Chris was thinking of starting it a little above mid station, but is open for suggestions. I stopped around that area and looked down, definitely one long run.

2knees

I just hope they dont close gunny completely to the public. All of us will get one run and then be sitting on our arses the rest of the afternoon. I cant imagine how stinkin drunk i'll get if that's the case......

bvibert

Staff member
I just hope they dont close gunny completely to the public. All of us will get one run and then be sitting on our arses the rest of the afternoon. I cant imagine how stinkin drunk i'll get if that's the case......

I imagine that they'll have the sections not being used open to the public.

2knees

I imagine that they'll have the sections not being used open to the public.

if not, then we're all going over to exhibition and having a losers comp. seriously, it'll be super gnar rad and shit.....

bvibert

Staff member
if not, then we're all going over to exhibition and having a losers comp. seriously, it'll be super gnar rad and shit.....

Sounds good to me!

If the upper section of Gunny is open then we can have the losers comp there, there's even something resembling kickers up there. :lol: Losers buy the beer! :beer:

Grassi21

Depending on the turn out I might be a pure spectator. Seems like a ton of talent will be participating. Plus the wife and kid should be up so I can hang with them and watch.

powhunter

Sounds good to me!

If the upper section of Gunny is open then we can have the losers comp there, there's even something resembling kickers up there. :lol: Losers buy the beer! :beer:

losers comp should be on exhibitioin.....we can build a few cheesy kickers and just rip it

steveo

bvibert

Staff member
Whatever... just maximizing my enjoyment of the day. Who knows, I might still compete. Game day decision...

Just busting chops dude. I really just want as many hacks like me as possible to enter so I don't feel like a complete loser. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
glad you said it before i did :-D

All you guys have got to sack up and enter! Who cares if you get blown out of the water in the qualification round?

Gary, I'm entering, so you know there's going to be at least one person there worse than you..

Status
Not open for further replies.