• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust II - 3/22/09

Course for mogul comp?

• Top to bottom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Top to midstation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Top of steep pitch to midstation

• Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

• Exhibition ;)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I just hope they dont close gunny completely to the public. All of us will get one run and then be sitting on our arses the rest of the afternoon. I cant imagine how stinkin drunk i'll get if that's the case......

Last week Chris said they plan to fence off from at start of the comp so the upper and middle section should be open to free skiing. Gunny should remain open to the public during the event so spectators can watch from the groomed section.

Depending on the turn out I might be a pure spectator. Seems like a ton of talent will be participating. Plus the wife and kid should be up so I can hang with them and watch.

glad you said it before i did :-D

No!!! I never compete in these things expecting to be overly competitive. I do it to support the event (turnout and in this case monetarily). Think of your $20 entry fee as a donation to the winner's purse. :lol: A good turnout is essential to keeping these things going. Man up!

gmcunni

All you guys have got to sack up and enter! Who cares if you get blown out of the water in the qualification round?

Gary, I'm entering, so you know there's going to be at least one person there worse than you..

No!!! I never compete in these things expecting to be overly competitive. I do it to support the event (turnout and in this case monetarily). Think of your $20 entry fee as a donation to the winner's purse. :lol: A good turnout is essential to keeping these things going. Man up!

i know, i know. i'll pay my $20 and jake's $20 (if they charge for the under 18 group). but it will be devastating at the end of the day. my 10YO daughter was so proud of her daddy for finishing in the top 10 ( at least as far as the official standings went, i had no delusions though) only to not make the qualifying round this time.

the lesson of the day will be "i had fun and i tried my best".

Grassi21

Just busting chops dude. I really just want as many hacks like me as possible to enter so I don't feel like a complete loser. :lol:

I know you are busting balls. No worries. I guess I have always made my decisions based on internal reasons vs. ball busting or peer pressure. I am a hack and if I do compete, it will be with great ferocity. :lol:

2knees

only to not make the qualifying round this time.

I'm not overly competitive but I am going to go in expecting to qualify. Maybe that is completely delusional but thats my goal. after that, i'm not stupid enough to think i'll win a round.

having fun is the most important end result though. i totally agree with that.

Grassi21

great point.

another great lesson is that no matter how much we all practice there is always some one out there that is working harder.

2knees

Initial forecast for sunday. this is for 900 feet.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

that should give us soft bumps by noon or so.

Greg

Staff member
Initial forecast for sunday. this is for 900 feet.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

that should give us soft bumps by noon or so.

Yep. Yep. Taunton office is saying a high of 49 for the area.

downhill04

Will somebody come over and kid nap me Saturday morning as I bring the garbage to the end of the driveway? That might be my only chance of getting to sundown for the comp. I will give you great directions and we can synchronize swatches haha

bvibert

Staff member
Will somebody come over and kid nap me Saturday morning as I bring the garbage to the end of the driveway? That might be my only chance of getting to sundown for the comp. I will give you great directions and we can synchronize swatches haha

Might work better if someone kidnaps you on Sunday, since that's the day of the comp...

downhill04

This may have already been discussed but I’m too damn lazy to search. Is this event a winner take all or are there prizes for 2nd 3rd?

bvibert

Staff member
I believe there are prizes for 2nd and 3rd, but I don't know what they are. It may have been said, but I'm also too lazy to search.

gmcunni

Last week Chris said they plan to fence off from at start of the comp so the upper and middle section should be open to free skiing. Gunny should remain open to the public during the event so spectators can watch from the groomed section.

is it the lower section that will be the comp? my 10YO daughter has also expressed an interest in competing. i don't want to see her get hurt so i'm taking her up Thursday evening to see how she does but it would help to know where to let her ski so i can judge how safe she'll be.

bvibert

Staff member
The last I heard they were thinking of starting about half way between the burnt out spots and the mid-station (in other words; the lower part of the first pitch) and going down to who knows where...

I haven't heard any official word yet though, so who knows what they'll come up with.

bvibert

Staff member
The last I heard they were thinking of starting about half way between the burnt out spots and the mid-station (in other words; the lower part of the first pitch) and going down to who knows where...

I haven't heard any official word yet though, so who knows what they'll come up with.

Chris just told me that it is starting from about half way between the burnt out spot and mid-station and will go all the way to the bottom, with two kickers in each line.

I'm looking for someone to do some video taping with my camera, at least until I get eliminated. I can get you a good spot to tape from. I want to get a bunch of the comp, but I mostly want to see how I look during my one run. ;)

MR. evil

Chris just told me that it is starting from about half way between the burnt out spot and mid-station and will go all the way to the bottom, with two kickers in each line.

Thats one long course......... :-o

Greg

Staff member
Thats one long course......... :-o

It is. I dialed it back a bit and skied it all yesterday and it's long, and that's without jumps. I'm hoping the adrenaline rush from the day makes it easier.

BTW, the trophy is unveiled at the end of this vid:

The "Golden Dendrite". :lol:

MR. evil

Does anyone have an idea when they will have the jumps built? I would love to get a couple of practice sessions being able to hit the course top to bottom with both jumps.

o3jeff

I'm looking for someone to do some video taping with my camera, at least until I get eliminated. I can get you a good spot to tape from. I want to get a bunch of the comp, but I mostly want to see how I look during my one run. ;)

I'll be there if you want me to record again.

Status
Not open for further replies.