• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust II - 3/22/09

Course for mogul comp?

• Top to bottom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Top to midstation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Top of steep pitch to midstation

• Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

• Exhibition ;)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
Oh what the hell. We had a thread going two months before this past weekend's comp. The March event is going to be on Gunbarrel. Hopefully sunny, a bit more pitch and soft bumps. Maybe two kickers this time?! :eek: Double the chances for spectacular wrecks by downhill04 and powhunter. :lol: Gonna be great!
:spread:

http://www.skisundown.com/events/index.php?action=detail&id=353

deadheadskier

Staff member
Out :(

Biggest Food Show of the year in NE opens that day and I'll be working :angry: Oh and I also have to set up on Saturday and will miss the entire weekend of skiing :uzi:

Greg

Staff member
Out :(

Biggest Food Show of the year in NE opens that day and I'll be working :angry: Oh and I also have to set up on Saturday and will miss the entire weekend of skiing :uzi:

Bummer. Would have been cool to have you come down. Maybe you can ask them to rescheule that thing for you? ;) Anyway, come down some day in the spring.

mondeo

Greg
gmcunni
bvibert mondeo

Better be two kickers; Gunny's got the length for it. I'd actually sorta like to see the bottom jump be a nice big table top. Some 720s would be cool. But then again, I'm not looking for downhill04 to get another concussion. Be interesting to see if they use the full length for the competition, too.

Greg

Staff member
Better be two kickers; Gunny's got the length for it. I'd actually sorta like to see the bottom jump be a nice big table top. Some 720s would be cool. But then again, I'm not looking for downhill04 to get another concussion. Be interesting to see if they use the full length for the competition, too.

The Iron Man Mogul Challenge. :lol: Top to bottom, 5 kickers and a 40 foot tabletop at the bottom. That would be sweet! ;)

I think the steeper section down to where it flattens out at mid station would be good. You could get some spectators up there too. Should be fun!

Grassi21

I have a lax game that morning. I also want to see how I can hang on Gunny once it gets seeded. At the bare minimum I should be there as a spectator.

Greg

Staff member
I have a lax game that morning. I also want to see how I can hang on Gunny once it gets seeded. At the bare minimum I should be there as a spectator.

WHAT?!?!? :blink:

You're competing son. And you're taking air this time! Spring bumps will be more forgiving. And what's up with that silly lah-cross-eh stuff again during prime mogul season? You need to get your priorities straight kid....

Greg

Staff member
A clean dumper air should really guarantee a berth in the finals.

powhunter

are they gonna seed it after racings done, or just let it bump up naturally?? Also do they plan on grooming half the hill???

Grassi21

WHAT?!?!? :blink:

You're competing son. And you're taking air this time! Spring bumps will be more forgiving. And what's up with that silly lah-cross-eh stuff again during prime mogul season? You need to get your priorities straight kid....

I already started doing the, "I could just skip the lax game" debate in my head.

powhunter

another thought....Jarod...any chance of putting a kicker with the same specs in the terrain park so us hacks can practice a bit????

Greg

Staff member
are they gonna seed it after racings done, or just let it bump up naturally?? Also do they plan on grooming half the hill???

Chris said on Saturday that they plan to seed Gunny in fifths. 1/5 of the hill the first time and then work their way down as conditions allow. There's no way Kurt's stomach could handle banging that out all at once. This will let them get a jump on it sooner so we may see bumps before racing is fully over, at least above the race course. And yes, they will seed just skier's right.

I already started doing the. "I could just skip the lax game" debate in my head.

There's nothing to debate, my man. ;) You'll do the right thing when the time comes. :razz:

Greg

Staff member
another thought....Jarod...any chance of putting a kicker with the same specs in the terrain park so us hacks can practice a bit????

+1

Ideally something we could access after coming down Temptor, if possible.

bvibert

Staff member
A clean dumper air should really guarantee a berth in the finals.

We gotta make sure that the announcer (Jarrod, or whoever) knows what it's called. ;)

Apparently Jeff was gonna tell Jarrod while he was up there video taping, but got too preoccupied.

I'll be so proud if I hit up a sweet dumper air and hear it announced for all to hear. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.