• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust II - 3/22/09

Course for mogul comp?

• Top to bottom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Top to midstation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Top of steep pitch to midstation

• Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

• Exhibition ;)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
That would be a bonus, but I'll take a few runs down Stinger if I need to.

I sent Chris and Jarrod the suggestion. How about something just up and to the right of the big air jump? They could run the fence with a break for access from Exhibition for those coming down Temptor. Plus being right under the chair, all the spectators could laugh at us crusty old posers as we wreck. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I sent Chris and Jarrod the suggestion. How about something just up and to the right of the big air jump? They could run the fence with a break for access from Exhibition for those coming down Temptor. Plus being right under the chair, all the spectators could laugh at us crusty old posers as we wreck. :lol:

Sounds AWESOME!

o3jeff

Plus being right under the chair, all the spectators could laugh at us crusty old posers as we wreck. :lol:

It's always good entertainment watching people air it out while on the lift. We did see a kid on twin tips pull a backflip yesterday on the smaller jump on Stinger.

Madroch

In.

Would have been in this past weekend if not for the Pinewood Derby.

Will DH04 be recovered in time to go big again? The man has a pair...

SkiDork

Yay!

Looks like we might actually be able to make it. Was speaking to Iceman last night, and he said he's got some sort of Apex event he really wants to attend (which he missed last year because it was the same day as the Easterns) on Saturday 3/21. So he'll have no problem missing both days of the Whaleback spring shootout (sorry Evan). So that means:

1) We'll be home on LI for 3/21

2) Looking for some place to ski on 3/22

Therefore, the obvious answer is: Lets go to Sundown!!!

Looking forward to meeting all you foks, and having a good time.

PS - I'm thinking of actually entering, what the hell, I wouldn't look any worse than some of the other folks I saw in the video LOL... Its all good!!!

Humpty out... <== readers of KZone would understand that

2knees

PS - I'm thinking of actually entering, what the hell, I wouldn't look any worse than some of the other folks I saw in the video LOL... Its all good!!!

Humpty out... <== readers of KZone would understand that

if you're gonna drive to sundown instead of killington, why wouldnt you enter. there isnt going to be much else to do.

SkiDork

if you're gonna drive to sundown instead of killington, why wouldnt you enter. there isnt going to be much else to do.

you got that right... but just cut me come slack... I'd be a big spazzz on tha course, But I'll be more than happy to chop the landings....

Like I said,,,, Its all good... As long as we're all having some fun...

downhill04

Greg
gmcunni
bvibert mondeo

Better be two kickers; Gunny's got the length for it. I'd actually sorta like to see the bottom jump be a nice big table top. Some 720s would be cool. But then again, I'm not looking for downhill04 to get another concussion. Be interesting to see if they use the full length for the competition, too.

Count me in! If there is this 40 foot table top at the bottom I will throw out an attempt at a 720. I haven’t landed one in years but it should be like riding a bike. Wait let me double check my health insurance is paid before launching myself again.

o3jeff

Count me in! If there is this 40 foot table top at the bottom I will throw out an attempt at a 720. I haven’t landed one in years but it should be like riding a bike. Wait let me double check my health insurance is paid before launching myself again.

Make sure you have your helmet cam with sound this time:razz:

mondeo

One month to go. Word on the street (or chairlift, as the case may be) is a bunch of the Killington regulars are going to come down for a warmup to BMMC.

Gonna be insane.

Greg

Staff member
One month to go. Word on the street (or chairlift, as the case may be) is a bunch of the Killington regulars are going to come down for a warmup to BMMC.

Gonna be insane.

That's awesome. Hopefully this will result in many more mogul skiers discovering Sundown as a great bump option right in their back yards...

SkiDork

i'm sure your son will be entering but what about yourself?

sack up big man and let it rip......

Of course I'm gonna enter...

I'm going for the "most spectacular limb busting disabilitating fall" award... Shouldnt' be too hard for me to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.