Traitorous Thoughts - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 146
  1. #91
    apparently Jarrod knows nepaug very very well. said he rides there just about everyday.

    who's in for the flight simulator this year?????



    that thing looks crazy.

  2. #92
    im down for a nass ride, its really close to work (bristol). did a ride there last year but it wasnt anything to write home about. did hit that devils kitchen area. would like to clean that next time.

    2knees---got lost in the paug for like 3 hours one hot humid day. ended up down by the river. some good stuff in there. no shot in hell im hitting that flight sim! u see the cliff drop in there next to it? crazy stuff.

  3. #93
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Nass covers a lot of terrain, the devil's kitchen area is just a small part of it. There's some good climbs and fun downhills, also some stuntery mixed in here and there, not a ton of really techy stuff though.

    We'll give you a proper tour at some point.

    Pat I'm in for some more Nepaug rides, I'll video tape you hitting the Flight Simulator, but that's as close as I'm getting.
    Brian

  4. #94
    Went by Nass today around 5:30PM; saw 6 cars in the lot. The season's changing...

    Nepaug, however, still has access to their lot blocked off.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  5. #95
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Not thinking about it too much. Need to do one last push the next month to get some more skiing in.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Not thinking about it too much. Need to do one last push the next month to get some more skiing in.
    go take ur bike for a quick spin and see how u feel.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by sLoPeS View Post
    2knees---got lost in the paug for like 3 hours one hot humid day. ended up down by the river. some good stuff in there. no shot in hell im hitting that flight sim! u see the cliff drop in there next to it? crazy stuff.

    i've only ridden there once and thankfully, we ran into some guys who knew the place. at one point we were pretty much lost and hadnt found much in the way of stuntery. man, that changed in a hurry. couple of HUGE gap jumps, lots of drops and rollers. I've only seen some video of the flight simulator. I sincerely doubt i would try it.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    i've only ridden there once and thankfully, we ran into some guys who knew the place. at one point we were pretty much lost and hadnt found much in the way of stuntery. man, that changed in a hurry. couple of HUGE gap jumps, lots of drops and rollers. I've only seen some video of the flight simulator. I sincerely doubt i would try it.
    That stunt we all though is Flight Simulator (steep roller, then a gap jump to an elevated platform) is actually called Penile Envy according to the guys we rode with at Nepaug last fall. Regardless of name you won't see me hit that thing.

  9. #99
    Trekchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reno - North Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    3,131
    I'm beginning to caress my bike more frequently the past few days. She'll come out of storage soon.
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    After next week the bike will probably come out if the trails are dry.
    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:50 AM.