Traitorous Thoughts - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter View Post
    To everything there is a season. I try to enjoy each one as they come. Otherwise, I feel like I'm wishing my life away.
    Right on HPD. Until last summer, the end of the ski season would really bum me out and I would spend all summer thinking about and wishing it was ski season. I think I'll be able to cope much better this year with the MTB opportunities.

I ski double black diamonds.

I go day by day, if the conditions/weather are good for MTB, then I do that, if its good for skiing I do that. I had hoped to go MTBing tonight, but not enough ice and too much snow... ARGH!!!! I suppose there's always snowshoeing, but that's just hiking... Realistically DH skiing is not in the cards every time I want to, its too expensive and too much time.

John
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

It's not so much that I'm "wishing my life away".. it's just that it's been on my mind lately, though not intentionally. I'm enjoying ski season, but I'm also looking forward to MTB season. Perhaps the rain has brought about these warmer weather thoughts...
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I can't wait until MTB season gets here. Then again I am just really looking forward to getting some trail time on my new ride. However I still have a few parts to purchase before its done.
    Last edited by MR. evil; Feb 28, 2009 at 3:55 PM.

I'm headed out to do a ride tomorrow morning (Feb 1) at 8:30 at the Snip in Somers/Ellington CT if anyone else is interested in a little espionage.

John

Treachery will be met with punishment apparently. Conditions at Snip were barely rideable. We walked a bit. We climbed up to the summit twice on the snow covered roads and descended on the singletrack. The downhills were really pretty insane with a narrow path of packed snow covering the steep trails. It was a lot of fun and my legs are pretty thrashed, but not sure I would suggest it as a ride right now.

John

Winter is not ready to relinquish the trails yet.

Incidentally, I actually had a MTB dream yesterday that I was riding on the snow.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

One pic (Severine - if you haven't ever ridden in the snow, you should try it. In the right conditions (unlike today apparently) riding in the snow is a complete gas. Double wheeled slides, locked up rear tires around corners, its all so cool. It's also good for skills development as well, balancing without firm footing:

Last edited by Jisch; Feb 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM.

Seeing as I have a hard enough time riding on the regular ole dirt, snow might be a bit out of my league right now. But it definitely would be a way to vary things and really check your skills!

Vamanos from new posts mtb thread

Thread Information