• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Traitorous Thoughts

RENO

Got a lot of MTB on the brain lately. Not totally sure why. Still in full on ski mode, but it's nice to know there is something else waiting for me to do in a few months.

I do the same thing. Nothing wrong with that! I'm always thinking of different ways to recreate many months out even though I'm still into snowboarding through April. :lol: I'll probably break out the bike for the first time this year this weekend since it's supposed to be in the 60's here in central NJ and then go snowboarding next week. That will be the scenario as the weather gets warmer more often in the next couple months. We'll probably be starting softball practice in a couple weeks too for beginning of the season April 21st. I'm already working on where to go next winter out West! :lol:

2knees

its march 6th. march is the snowiest month for most vermont ski areas. gunny bumps havent even been formed up yet. yet you guys miss your mtn bikes.

and you guys call yourselves skiers. HA!

RENO

its march 6th. march is the snowiest month for most vermont ski areas. gunny bumps havent even been formed up yet. yet you guys miss your mtn bikes.

If you read everybody's post you would see that we are still enjoying the season and not hoping for the season to end today so we can begin mountain biking. For me, not much skiing/riding going on here in NJ so gotta have something to do between ski trips north...

Also, what the hell is a gunny bump?

2knees

If you read everybody's post you would see that we are still enjoying the season and not hoping for the season to end today so we can begin mountain biking. For me, not much skiing/riding going on here in NJ so gotta have something to do between ski trips north...

Also, what the hell is a gunny bump?

I know exactly what the thread is about. I know most of these people offline, i'm just busting their balls.

trust me, i'm a bit excited to get back out there so i can finish off the piece of crap diamondback i have and buy a real bike. :lol:

MR. evil

Sounds like a good goal for the season! :lol:

We should start a poll to see how long that bike will last Pat and the crazy $hit he does on it. I give it 4 rides.......

So it may last the entire season

Greg

Staff member
We should start a poll to see how long that bike will last Pat and the crazy $hit he does on it. I give it 4 rides.......

:lol: Owned.

sLoPeS

you need to jump on a bike and check it out. Mtn biking in CT is pretty awesome. wayyyy better than the skiing around here.

i call myself a skier.

MR. evil

you need to jump on a bike and check it out. Mtn biking in CT is pretty awesome. wayyyy better than the skiing around here.

i call myself a skier.

2knees has been on a few rides with us. Even though we rag in his POS HT, he will do stuff on that bike non of us would dare dream of doing on our high end FS bikes. Thats why we are taking bets about how long the bike will actually last. I wouldn't be suprised if that frame already has some cracks forming.

2knees

lol, nice one.

seriously, i think i'm bagging softball this year. my shoulder finally crapped out last year so i cant play shortstop anymore. that was the biggest attraction for me anyway. it would be like skiing without skiing bumps. just not the same. so that being said, i should be good for at least 5 or maybe even 6 rides next year. :razz:

bvibert

Staff member

Nice one!, but you're not supposed to let him know about the pool we got going. I have it at 3 rides... ;)