• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Traitorous Thoughts

Trekchick

2knees, I'm not sure if you're just harshin the mellow of the cycle enthusiasts or if you just need to get laid.

Either way, go get some!

MR. evil

Nice one!, but you're not supposed to let him know about the pool we got going. I have it at 3 rides... ;)

I give it to July 1.

I need to clarify my orginal post:

His bike will last 4 typical ride (Nass, W. Hartford, ect...) or 1 ride at Nepaug.

When we get Pat back out to Nepaug I will bring the video camera for sure.

2knees

2knees, I'm not sure if you're just harshin the mellow of the cycle enthusiasts or if you just need to get laid.

Either way, go get some!

maybe you should just try rereading this thread. slower. and out loud.

Grassi21

Traitorous Actions

I rode the mtb down to the deli at lunch today. the weather was nice, i had the ear buds in and decided to session the friendly's parking lot. cleared a nice 3' diameter stump that was about 8" high. i tried it about 5 times before i got it. dropped off of some small stone walls and failed a couple of attempts at a small boulderish rock. fun...

o3jeff

I rode the mtb down to the deli at lunch today. the weather was nice, i had the ear buds in and decided to session the friendly's parking lot. cleared a nice 3' diameter stump that was about 8" high. i tried it about 5 times before i got it. dropped off of some small stone walls and failed a couple of attempts at a small boulderish rock. fun...

Pics of the stump jump?:grin:

If everything freezes over I might take the bike for a spin this weekend.

bvibert

Staff member
If the weather stays warm it's definitely advisable to stay off the trails for now. Things are going to be really muddy right now, which will cause tons of damage if ridden on. Most people probably already know that, but it bears saying for those who don't

Jisch

Update on conditions

I rode yesterday at Cockaponset, we did an early morning ride and were finished by 11:00. The trails were all firm, probably 25% o the ride was on frozen ground. It was just thawing out at 11:00.

I did a hike yesterday afternoon at Case and it was about the same 75% dry, and 25% shallow mud. I guess everyone has to make their own decisions, but I'm going to wait another week. I had a group ride scheduled for this morning, but cancelled it. Its not a mudfest, but the trails would be much better off if we wait one more week.

I sometimes feel like it just doesn't matter 'cause I know Case will be mobbed with riders today, but I guess I'll be guilt free and complain later on about all the ruts caused by inconsiderate riders :razz:

John

bvibert

Staff member
I rode yesterday at Cockaponset, we did an early morning ride and were finished by 11:00. The trails were all firm, probably 25% o the ride was on frozen ground. It was just thawing out at 11:00.

I did a hike yesterday afternoon at Case and it was about the same 75% dry, and 25% shallow mud. I guess everyone has to make their own decisions, but I'm going to wait another week. I had a group ride scheduled for this morning, but cancelled it. Its not a mudfest, but the trails would be much better off if we wait one more week.

I sometimes feel like it just doesn't matter 'cause I know Case will be mobbed with riders today, but I guess I'll be guilt free and complain later on about all the ruts caused by inconsiderate riders :razz:

John

Sounds like a good call. Besides, there's some sweet spring skiing to be had today. ;)

Grassi21

Traitorous Actions Part 2

Took a ride to pick up lunch at the deli in Heritage Village. I stopped and had another sess behind Friendly's. They ground out the stumps I was playing with last time. but I did find a cool sequence of rocks to roll. Felt good to loosen up the legs after Sundays 100 min lax thriller. What's up Pat?!!!!?

bvibert

Staff member
I think you're the only person I've ever heard of that stops to session at Friendly's. It's cool, I just find it funny. ;)

Grassi21

I think you're the only person I've ever heard of that stops to session at Friendly's. It's cool, I just find it funny. ;)

Some gnarly terrain back there. Hey, it makes a 2 mile round trip bike ride a little more interesting. :)

PS - The parking lot is in the rear of the building. The diners do not look out at my fat a$$ rolling junk. Heritage Village is a complex and has lots of little drives and lots in the back. MTB stoke!!!

bvibert

Staff member
Some gnarly terrain back there. Hey, it makes a 2 mile round trip bike ride a little more interesting. :)

PS - The parking lot is in the rear of the building. The diners do not look out at my fat a$$ rolling junk. Heritage Village is a complex and has lots of little drives and lots in the back. MTB stoke!!!

I hear ya, if I'm ever in the area I'll have to hit up the Friendly's. Our Friendly's is surrounded by houses, you're so lucky. Maybe I'll start hitting up the steep hill behind our Taco Bell. This could be a whole new chapter in urban biking; chain restaurant sessioning...

Grassi21

I hear ya, if I'm ever in the area I'll have to hit up the Friendly's. Our Friendly's is surrounded by houses, you're so lucky. Maybe I'll start hitting up the steep hill behind our Taco Bell. This could be a whole new chapter in urban biking; chain restaurant sessioning...

We can do an AZ Waldo/Friendly's ride and then crush some beers and burgers at my place.

Roll call...

:lol:

Jisch

Night ride at Case tonight - 6:00 if anyone is interested!

John