Eye protection

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye protection

Eye protection

Do you wear any? I started really getting into MTB last June. I started with a $4 pair of shooting glasses I bought at Wal-Mart. Problem was on humid days, they fogged up so quickly while sweating that it made them almost useless. It seems like it makes sense to wear something though. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem using cheap safety glasses last year, that's why I stopped using them. I've been sticking to sunglasses with a light lens, or nothing since giving up the safety glasses. It would be nice to have an option with clear lenses that didn't fog up.
    Brian

I have tried a few different things over the years and never found anything that wasn't a PITA for most of the year (fogging in the summer, freezing in the winter). Thursday night I was riding and got a pretty good slap across my eyeball from a small branch. Owch, that hurt and I couldn't really see well out of that eye for a good 10 minutes. I gotta find something.

John
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

I did buy a pair with interchangeable lenses last year, but lost them fairly quick before I could try them. I recently found them under the seat of the car and will make it a point to test them out in the first few rides.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

If anyone is keeping score, I got whipped in the same eye on today's ride as I did on Thursday night. Gotta get some glasses.

John
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

I use "Rudy Project " shades and have multiple interchangeable lens and also have the optical insert with lineless bifocals
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    If anyone is keeping score, I got whipped in the same eye on today's ride as I did on Thursday night. Gotta get some glasses.

John
    Thanks to this thread I got whipped in the right eye on today's ride...
    Brian

Whatever you get, make sure it's safety lenses. I once had an accident, went over the handlebars and landed on my face. Had a cheap pair of sunglasses on that just broke into jagged lil pieces. Luck for me, I didn't get one in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Whatever you get, make sure it's safety lenses. I once had an accident, went over the handlebars and landed on my face. Had a cheap pair of sunglasses on that just broke into jagged lil pieces. Luck for me, I didn't get one in the eye.
    Were they Ryders Sunglases? Maybe you could sue, or start a huge slanderous internet campaign against the company.

Brian

I just wear sunglasses... Goggles tend to fog up to much when riding downhill for me... Although if it is a race, maybe I'll go with the goggles.

Thread Information