• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Traitorous Thoughts

Jisch

yeah, I rode there Sunday and it was 95% dry, gotta believe the last two days have dried it even more. No takers here, BR or MTBR so it looks like a solo run! Which I don't mind AT ALL!

John

bvibert

Staff member
Enjoy!

It's becoming very clear to me that I better get to work on fixing my bike so I can start riding it! :eek:

sLoPeS

Enjoy!

It's becoming very clear to me that I better get to work on fixing my bike so I can start riding it! :eek:

ive been putting off taking it into the shop the last couple weeks. if i drop it off this week......possibly riding next week after work. that sounds very very good. let it snow 20 more feet up north though.

o3jeff

Some gnarly terrain back there. Hey, it makes a 2 mile round trip bike ride a little more interesting. :)

PS - The parking lot is in the rear of the building. The diners do not look out at my fat a$$ rolling junk. Heritage Village is a complex and has lots of little drives and lots in the back. MTB stoke!!!

What are you showing off in front of all the senior citizens at Heritage Village?

Jisch

I was a traitor and I don't care who knows it. Awesome night for riding tonight... great to get in that 1.5 or so hours of daylight before having turn on the light.

DSC07420.jpg

DSC07421.jpg

DSC07423.jpg

DSC07428.jpg

sLoPeS

rode around on the bike last night, felt gooood. kinda need a rear brake to ride so its going to the shop after work. that first hill climb of the season is gonna be great!

bvibert

Staff member
Nice picture sequence Jisch!

Slopes, do you ride a MTB? If so, where do you normally ride?

sLoPeS

Nice picture sequence Jisch!

Slopes, do you ride a MTB? If so, where do you normally ride?

ya dude........WH rezzzzz. pretty good tour guide if u wanna do a loop. great hour+ ride.....hill climb, slick rock/wanna-be moab stuff, techy rock sections, downhill, meadows, stunts its all in there. hoping to start my mtb season next week! you know...mtn bike mid week, ski weekends, god its awesome.

bvibert

Staff member
I'd be up for a WH rez ride. I've only ridden there a handful of times. I'm sure you'll make a much better tour guide than I was when I helped lead the AZ crew through there.

You should come ride with us at Nassahegan in Burlington sometime. It shouldn't be too far for you.

2knees

apparently Jarrod knows nepaug very very well. said he rides there just about everyday.

who's in for the flight simulator this year????? :lol:

that thing looks crazy.

sLoPeS

im down for a nass ride, its really close to work (bristol). did a ride there last year but it wasnt anything to write home about. did hit that devils kitchen area. would like to clean that next time.

2knees---got lost in the paug for like 3 hours one hot humid day. ended up down by the river. some good stuff in there. no shot in hell im hitting that flight sim! u see the cliff drop in there next to it? crazy stuff.

bvibert

Staff member
Nass covers a lot of terrain, the devil's kitchen area is just a small part of it. There's some good climbs and fun downhills, also some stuntery mixed in here and there, not a ton of really techy stuff though.

We'll give you a proper tour at some point.

Pat I'm in for some more Nepaug rides, I'll video tape you hitting the Flight Simulator, but that's as close as I'm getting.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Went by Nass today around 5:30PM; saw 6 cars in the lot. The season's changing...

Nepaug, however, still has access to their lot blocked off.

Greg

Staff member
Not thinking about it too much. Need to do one last push the next month to get some more skiing in.

2knees

2knees---got lost in the paug for like 3 hours one hot humid day. ended up down by the river. some good stuff in there. no shot in hell im hitting that flight sim! u see the cliff drop in there next to it? crazy stuff.

i've only ridden there once and thankfully, we ran into some guys who knew the place. at one point we were pretty much lost and hadnt found much in the way of stuntery. man, that changed in a hurry. couple of HUGE gap jumps, lots of drops and rollers. I've only seen some video of the flight simulator. I sincerely doubt i would try it.

MR. evil

i've only ridden there once and thankfully, we ran into some guys who knew the place. at one point we were pretty much lost and hadnt found much in the way of stuntery. man, that changed in a hurry. couple of HUGE gap jumps, lots of drops and rollers. I've only seen some video of the flight simulator. I sincerely doubt i would try it.

That stunt we all though is Flight Simulator (steep roller, then a gap jump to an elevated platform) is actually called Penile Envy according to the guys we rode with at Nepaug last fall. Regardless of name you won't see me hit that thing.