• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stone Hut

ollegator

Me and my buddy have a Stone Hut at Mansfield for 2 weeks starting 2/18/09 (until 3/4/09). Unfortunately, most of our friends can’t come during the weekdays, being office sluts and all. We’ll probably be there some of the weekdays, but not all of them. We are happy to share the hut with nice people to compensate some of our costs ($150/night per cabin, shared) and to have some drinking buddies for those long lonely nights. Pm me for details if interested.
For those who don’t’ know about Stone Hut:
http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/stonehut.cfm
http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/travel/escapes/23ski.html
PS: We need people who are interested in staying during the weekdays!

TheBEast

I've wanted to stay in that hut for a few years now. Not in the cards for this year tho.

How hard is it to get via the lottery?

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I've wanted to stay in that hut for a few years now. Not in the cards for this year tho.

How hard is it to get via the lottery?

don;t know how it is these days, but a few years ago you had to sign up in the summer to get something for feb or march.

if you nail it on a snow day its the best experience ever...

with some planning, you can easily make it the best ski trip of the season, even with out freshies... just think things out and utilize chairlift technologies to cart your gear to the top... and remember, you don't have check out right at first tracks... they give you till 10 am or something like it...

ollegator

Apparently its not that hard to win the lottery, me and my buddy each requested a week (back to back) to increase our odds of winning and both ended up winning, so we got 2 weeks instead of one. can't complain.
You can name "alternative dates" if your requested date can't be fulfilled.
Also, the longer is your stay the higher are your odds of winning (that's why we requested a week each), last year we asked for any 3 days falling around a weekend in Jan, Feb, Mar and were left with nothing.

Hope this helps.

Chesser

I can take one of those weekdays off your hands. I'm a local, and I can be pretty flexible about which night. I'll have to check with my friends, but we're all fairly easy to convince about stuff like this.

I'm going to chalk this up to Stone Hut karma: my girlfriend and I were in the lottery this year and got one night in mid-January. A Thursday night, in fact, right in the heart of that 3-day stretch where it was about -35F overnight and -10F during the day. You might remember that week because it was the opposite of awesome. Everyone in our group bailed, and neither she nor I were very psyched about hiking up in those temps or skiing around outside, so we bagged the whole thing. She had never been to the Hut before, and was pretty miserable about how it worked out. The point is: having a Stone Hut do-over would make my life 100% easier.

You can PM, and we'll see what works. I'll have to remember this "request a week" gambit for next year.