• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2009 Goals

gorgonzola

...and were going to have lift serviced mtb right here at goood ole bleu mt this summer - woo hoo! depending on how it all shakes out i might add my first mtb race onto my list of goals and run a super-d at da blue!

sLoPeS

i wanna do the "Tour de Talcott" this season. starting at the Farmington Ave side of WHres and riding up to Tariffville. figure its about a 3+ hour ride with a good amount of vert and its fair share of techyness. dont know the total miles, maybe 15-20 (one way). build up to an out and back...

other than that just ride a lot. check out some new trails around CT: Case, Trumble, Middlesex, Tyler Mill. more downhilling (would like to hit up Jiminey). I found a bunch of awesome trails in the MRV/Burlington/Stowe area that i didnt get to ride last year, so those are on the hit list. pretty much got my bike set up, so no real big upgrades except for switching out the front brake with a hydrolic.

bvibert

Staff member
There's a group of us that ride Nassahegan all the time. Add that to your list too.

I'm already all over that. ;)

I'm looking forward to another WH res ride too, especially we're with someone who knows where they're going....

Nice picture sequence Jisch!

Slopes, do you ride a MTB? If so, where do you normally ride?

ya dude........WH rezzzzz. pretty good tour guide if u wanna do a loop. great hour+ ride.....hill climb, slick rock/wanna-be moab stuff, techy rock sections, downhill, meadows, stunts its all in there. hoping to start my mtb season next week! you know...mtn bike mid week, ski weekends, god its awesome.

I'd be up for a WH rez ride. I've only ridden there a handful of times. I'm sure you'll make a much better tour guide than I was when I helped lead the AZ crew through there.

You should come ride with us at Nassahegan in Burlington sometime. It shouldn't be too far for you.

im down for a nass ride, its really close to work (bristol). did a ride there last year but it wasnt anything to write home about. did hit that devils kitchen area. would like to clean that next time.

2knees---got lost in the paug for like 3 hours one hot humid day. ended up down by the river. some good stuff in there. no shot in hell im hitting that flight sim! u see the cliff drop in there next to it? crazy stuff.

Nass covers a lot of terrain, the devil's kitchen area is just a small part of it. There's some good climbs and fun downhills, also some stuntery mixed in here and there, not a ton of really techy stuff though.

We'll give you a proper tour at some point.

Pat I'm in for some more Nepaug rides, I'll video tape you hitting the Flight Simulator, but that's as close as I'm getting.

sLoPeS

greg, id throw nass on my list but its already been checked off. i prolly only saw 5% of the place though, so u guys can give me the proper tour.

bvibert, we'll def do a WHres lap. not sure what uve ridden in there, but theres some fun stuff for everyone. bunch of different trails so u can change it up as u ride.

ive been craving the dirt lately, need to get my bike back this week. after work rides starting next week? i hope so...

Greg

Staff member
greg, id throw nass on my list but its already been checked off. i prolly only saw 5% of the place though, so u guys can give me the proper tour.

Yeah, there's a lot there. Nothing too nuts, but just a huge network. Good for high mileage rides.

ive been craving the dirt lately, need to get my bike back this week. after work rides starting next week? i hope so...

You mention the pickle park, uh, I mean Tyler Mill. I will be down for after work rides out of there starting around 4-4:15 this season. I don't know it that well yet, but it's not too big. Keep an eye out for the brokebackers though...

sLoPeS

You mention the pickle park, uh, I mean Tyler Mill. I will be down for after work rides out of there starting around 4-4:15 this season. I don't know it that well yet, but it's not too big. Keep an eye out for the brokebackers though...

never heard it called the pickle park, do i dare ask why? i think tyler miller is a little far from me for an after work ride and i dont have the flexibility to get out at 4. nass is actually really close to my office. i can do after work rides starting at 6, either nass or the rez. weekends ill go anywhere.

Greg

Staff member
never heard it called the pickle park, do i dare ask why? i think tyler miller is a little far from me for an after work ride and i dont have the flexibility to get out at 4. nass is actually really close to my office. i can do after work rides starting at 6, either nass or the rez. weekends ill go anywhere.

You're better off not asking. It's something you need to just experience for yourself. :-o :lol:

We do a lot of midweek Nass rides that head out at 6 pm.

MRGisevil

I guess "see what's in front of me", but that's what I got the lasik for. I'm not a big goal person, because that always make a hobby seem more like a chore and then I just don't have fun anymore. So yeah, see where I'm going and what I'm about to ride in to, or alternatively, off of.

Greg

Staff member
Nothing too specific. I just want to ride a lot. My only tangible goal is to ride 600 miles this season. Starting two months earlier than last year and probably being able to do longer rides in the same amount of time, I think it's doable. I did 305 miles last year. My first thought was 500 miles, but I think that would have been too easy of a goal.

Kind of off to a slow start, but I think most of my rides this year are going to be 6+, even if I only have a short time window so maybe it's still doable. I seem to be riding faster already with less and shorter breaks.

Greg

Staff member
If it would freakin stop raining for 1 lousy day we might get out on the trails! :evil:

The trails are so dry down here that the small bit of rain we've been getting has done nothing more than keep the dust down. Virtually no mud. Saturday seemed like a good day to ride and yesterday morning was cool, cloudy and dry. Perfect! Could be a lot worse.

RENO

The trails are so dry down here that the small bit of rain we've been getting has done nothing more than keep the dust down. Virtually no mud. Saturday seemed like a good day to ride and yesterday morning was cool, cloudy and dry. Perfect! Could be a lot worse.
Down here in NJ it hasn't stopped raining except for a few hours Saturday since Friday morning and it poured yesterday and it's coming down pretty good right now too. The rest of the week looks like sh*t also except for Wednesday, but that could change too! :-x I'm hoping for a summer drought! :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Down here in NJ it hasn't stopped raining except for a few hours Saturday since Friday morning and it poured yesterday and it's coming down pretty good right now too. The rest of the week looks like sh*t also except for Wednesday, but that could change too! :-x I'm hoping for a summer drought! :lol:
Hey Reno, not sure where in NJ you are, but I rode Lewis Morris on Saturday, and the trails there were very dry, with only a few wet spots, which were mostly easy to get around. LM drians very quick.

I'll be back there either Wed or Thurs after work. Not sure exactly when though.

bvibert

Staff member
My goals are to ride more often, launch more stuff, and pull off a wheelie drop without landing on my back.

So far I'm 0 for 3... Well I guess I've ridden more this Spring than last, but it seems like it's off to a slow start. I haven't 'launched' anything, nor have I even attempted a wheelie drop...

The season is still young though. I have plenty of time to work on it. I also want to build up my endurance so I can ride longer at a more consistent speed with fewer breaks.

RENO

Hey Reno, not sure where in NJ you are, but I rode Lewis Morris on Saturday, and the trails there were very dry, with only a few wet spots, which were mostly easy to get around. LM drians very quick.

I'll be back there either Wed or Thurs after work. Not sure exactly when though.

Never been to Lewis Morris. I live in Hamilton just outside of Trenton so I'm probably a little over an hour from there? I'll have to check that out sometime. How are the trails there?