• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee 2/7

2/7/2009

Sunapee

We were at Sunapee for the USSA B meet on Upper Flying Goose. Temps were in the 20’s to low 30’s with breaks of sun. Great bump conditions could be found in the trees on the backside, Flying Goose and Hawles. Never road the express quad, but the triple had no lines most of the day. I was very impressed with the mountain although steep terrain seemed to be lacking.

At the end of the competition they held a banana eating contest. Could not believe my eyes as we watched 6 -15 year olds choking on bananas. Might as well have given them grapes.

A fun day in NH and it was on 3.5 hours away.

SkiDork

2/8/2009

Sunapee

We were at Sunapee for the USSA B meet on Upper Flying Goose. Temps were in the 20’s to low 30’s with breaks of sun. Great bump conditions could be found in the trees on the backside, Flying Goose and Hawles. Never road the express quad, but the triple had no lines most of the day. I was very impressed with the mountain although steep terrain seemed to be lacking.

At the end of the competition they held a banana eating contest. Could not believe my eyes as we watched 6 -15 year olds choking on bananas. Might as well have given them grapes.

A fun day in NH and it was on 3.5 hours away.

How did the kids do on Sunday?

powbmps

Let me know if you go up there again. I'd like to come over and check out the comp and maybe take a run or two.