• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sun vs. Snow

gmcunni

Not sure where you all are at but if i was skiing my local hill i'd be having a blast in soft wonderful hero snow. I love skiing in this stuff.

I would much rather have a day like today than a powder day.

danny p

soft hero snow is a close second to powder for me. pow will always be my #1 skiing/riding surface.

Not sure where you all are at but if i was skiing my local hill i'd be having a blast in soft wonderful hero snow. I love skiing in this stuff.

I would much rather have a day like today than a powder day.

I'll always take a powder day over a spring day...but I'll take spring skiing over icy death..even though I don't mind ice..gmcunni..are you going night skiing today?

I'm leaving work in 25 minutes..I brought my Nordica Blowers with me today to blast through the mashies,.,.

dmc

Pow days vs Sunny days... 2 different things..

dmc

Sunshine days are more relaxed - hanging out... scoping out lines... Riding with a broader range of people..
Powder days inbounds - are crazy. Staying a step ahead.. Raging. Staying with people that you can keep up with... Out of bounds is different...

At least for me.....

Makes for a much shorter season though.....

What ski area closes due to lack of snow..lol..whether it's warm midwinter or not..the ski season lasts about the same length every year..because most likely..it will get cold and snowy in late February or March..anyway..I just try to ski everyday even if it's just 2-3 hours..