• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Phase III

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stowe, Vermont, February 11, 2009
Stowe Mountain Resort announced today plans to install the next-generation transfer lift, from the village direct to the resort. No longer will customers need to drive the notorious Mountain Road passage, which backs up for dozens of miles every powder day. The new lift, to be named "Over Steezy" will have its northern terminus at the Stone Hut at the peak of Mt. Mansfield. Customers can gear up from warmth of their vehicle, skiing right from the platform, for their first run. Their vehicle will be washed and waxed, waiting for them at day's end, along with a bumper sticker, "This Vehicle Climbed Mount AIG:. SMR President Mark Sitz noted that competitive pressures with areas such as Cochrans, Middlebury and Whaleback make this a market necessity. Board President and long time Stowe Skier Bernard Madoff of New York City expects the lift to open by fall 2010. Mr. Madoff has been quietly purchasing all the necessary parcels of land in a unique land-for-stock arrangment. While pricing has not been established, Industry Analyst Sitz Hugh Down expects rates to be competitive with other nearby resorts.

LiveLeak-dot-com-38197-VW.jpg

Last edited:

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Stowe, Vermont, February 11, 2009
Stowe Mountain Resort announced today plans to install the next-generation transfer lift, from the village direct to the resort. No longer will customers need to drive the notorious Mountain Road passage, which backs up for dozens of miles every powder day. The new lift, to be named "Over Steezy" will have its northern terminus at the Stone Hut at the peak of Mt. Mansfield. Customers can gear up from warmth of their vehicle, skiing right from the platform, for their first run. Their vehicle will be washed and waxed, waiting for them at day's end, along with a bumper sticker, "This Vehicle Climbed Mount AIG:. SMR President Mark Sitz noted that competitive pressures with areas such as Cochrans, Middlebury and Whaleback make this a market necessity. Board President and long time Stowe Skier Bernard Madoff of New York City expects the lift to open by fall 2010. Mr. Madoff has been quietly purchasing all the necessary parcels of land in a unique land-for-stock arrangment. While pricing has not been established, Industry Analyst Sitz Hugh Down expects rates to be competitive with other nearby resorts.

LiveLeak-dot-com-38197-VW.jpg

holy shit i just shot hoegarden out my nose over the bar. you owe me.

a town lift would be the tits.

awesome..yeah the Mountain Road at Stowe is rough..lol..usually I'm steering with my knees while packing another bowl of Blueberrys..lol..