• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

JPFreek1

Website
www.jpfreek.com
Howdy!

Howdy everyone, just thought I'd drop a quick note to say hello and say that I'm excited to be on the board. I look forward to reading about everyone cycling trips, tips, and adventures as well as including my own insight. Best of luck, and happy cycling!

Regards,

Frank

SkiMangoJazz

Thansk for the welcome folks. Yes I've been on epic for about 2 years now. Besides the wa ski a lot at Berkshire East and go to Vail for 2 weeks every year.

By the way I did not receive email notifications of your replies to my post (or my other post) thus my delay in replying. I check my Control Panel settings and it seems fine, but I wasn't subscribed by posting. Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Steve

BeanoNYC

SkiMangoJazz said:
]
By the way I did not receive email notifications of your replies to my post (or my other post) thus my delay in replying. I check my Control Panel settings and it seems fine, but I wasn't subscribed by posting. Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve

On your control panel, go to edit options. Make sure your default thread subscription is set to instant email notification on that drop down menu.

SkiMangoJazz

BeanoNYC said:
Hi Steve

On your control panel, go to edit options. Make sure your default thread subscription is set to instant email notification on that drop down menu.

Funny it was set that way and didn't work. However I just got a notification of your post, so all seems to be well now. Thanks!

Greg

Staff member
I think it may depend on whether someone replies directly to your post (maybe by quoting you?) versus just replying to the thread. I'll test it out and confirm...

BeanoNYC

Greg said:
I think it may depend on whether someone replies directly to your post (maybe by quoting you?) versus just replying to the thread. I'll test it out and confirm...

I've gotten notification on threads w/o being directly quoted.

My suspicion is that the first email notification was sent out but missed. If there is no response to the first email, the emails stop until the user log in and physically clicks on the thread.

zook

I guess it's time for me to finally introduce myself...

I've been a regular to this forum for the past 7 months or so, so far just reading the posts. Hopefully that's about to change! This is a great forum, lots of interesting people here. Great topics, good skiing info and advise.

I come from Poland. I have only started skiing last year and I've been hooked since. I'm getting my new skis this month and can't wait for the snow to try them out! Unfortunatelly that means at least 6 months of waiting... My home mountain for now is Windham but I'm looking forward to exploring more northern resorts next season (NH and VT). In the off season I enjoy hiking and some cycling.

Thanks to moderators and all posters for keeping this place so enjoyable.

Agata.

JimG.

Staff member
zook said:

I've been a regular to this forum for the past 7 months or so, so far just reading the posts. Hopefully that's about to change! This is a great forum, lots of interesting people here. Great topics, good skiing info and advise.

I come from Poland. I have only started skiing last year and I've been hooked since. I'm getting my new skis this month and can't wait for the snow to try them out! Unfortunatelly that means at least 6 months of waiting... My home mountain for now is Windham but I'm looking forward to exploring more northern resorts next season (NH and VT). In the off season I enjoy hiking and some cycling.

Agata.

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome!

I'm sure there will be opportunity for you to hook up with some of us at an AZ outing or two next season. We look forward to helping you expand your skiing horizons.

Greg

Staff member
zook said:

Agata.
Welcome Zook. Glad to have you here and we look forward to more posts from you!

BeanoNYC

Welcome Zook! It's nice to have another person from Queens on the board. The NYC/LI/N.Jersey AlpineZoners are starting to unite! Where in Queens are you?

RookKilla

introductions

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say "hi" to people. Found this forum and hope to get some advice on outdoor stuff. I'm Tim, i've been annoying people for last 23 years ;-), live in Fairfield CT, speak english (well, ok people understand me at least sometimes) and russian. Since i'm working long hours on my job (small business environment, IT/Finance field) and do lots of studying in addition to this (hoping to get into NYU Stern), i have to get out somewhere on the weekends.
Hiking, mt. biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, indoor climbing, scuba, skydiving - anything that requires some movement and preferably takes place where there is no cellphone coverage. One thing i haven't done is skiing or snowboarding - maybe next winter I will get a chance to try.

Last year hiked Mt Katahdin while wearing boots one size smaller than i need (but was able to go whitewater the next day - suddenly when you see a class 5 rapid in front of you, you miraculously tend to forget about pain in your feet) and i think got hooked on this stuff - took about 200 pictures on the way up with my faithful Canon Digital Rebel. This January, it was Wayna Picchu in Peru with the same camera. Just upgraded to 30D, and cannot wait to go somewhere. Love Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont - haven't travelled a lot in US though - 've been here only 6 years and 've been working-working-working, but not planning to leave :flag:.

Last year got my Saab 9-2x with a manual, and immediately set it on the rock in Maine... Love this car - the engine is a bit weak but the car is still pretty responsive imho.

Love :beer:, or wine with a good steak.

I think that's about it about me. Thanks for reading and hope that one day i might be able to help somebody with advice.

TS

bvibert

Staff member
Nice intro RookKilla, welcome!

Give skiing or boarding a try next winter, if nothing else it's something to keep you busy in the winter. Becareful though, it's likely to become another addiction! ;)

RookKilla

Re:

bvibert said:
Nice intro RookKilla, welcome!

Give skiing or boarding a try next winter, if nothing else it's something to keep you busy in the winter. Becareful though, it's likely to become another addiction! ;)

LOL. Thanks, Brian. i have a friend who is into this, so i'm still wondering why i haven't done it.

zook

BeanoNYC: Tiny neighborhood called Hollis Hills however not too many people know this name. It usually goes under Queens Village. To be more specific: Grand Central Pkwy & Clearview Expwy ;)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
zook said:

Agata.

Dzien dobry Zook, witamy

BeanoNYC

zook said:
BeanoNYC: Tiny neighborhood called Hollis Hills however not too many people know this name. It usually goes under Queens Village. To be more specific: Grand Central Pkwy & Clearview Expwy ;)

Alright, not too far. I'm down in the Rockaway Park/Belle Harbor area by the beach. Not too far from Howard Beach in Queens and Mill Basin in Brooklyn.

MelNino

Website
www.picturetrail.com
HI!

Just found this site today, and it looks pretty cool. Obviously, I love hiking, but also enjoy cats, good beer, sea chanties, and photograhy.

Hiking up KWMN in less than two weeks, I cannot wait!

zook

Andyzee:
I guess I'm not the only Polish person here ;) Thanks, I already feel like home

BeanoNYC:
Not far at all. It must be nice to live by the beach in the summer.
Good to know there are AZ members in Queens. Where do you usually ski?