New Member Introductions Thread - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Re: Thanks for the Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC
    Great Handle! Is cold spring the same as cold spring harbor on the Island?
    Thanks! Cold Spring is in Putnam county, 50 miles north of NYC on the Hudson river, across from West Point.

Re: Thanks for the Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by YardSaleDad
    Great Handle! Is cold spring the same as cold spring harbor on the Island?
    Thanks! Cold Spring is in Putnam county, 50 miles north of NYC on the Hudson river, across from West Point.
    Ahhh not too far. I was up at West Point for the Iowa State game this year. Stunning campus. Welcome to Alpinezone, we're a bunch of likeable jerks.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Welcome Boseflus. I wonder who it was you met? I think AWF was there. I've tried promoting this site to nice people i've met on lifts but haven't seen anyone yet. (Maybe it's me ) Anyway we have a great group of people here , a really cool vibe. Feel free to jump right in I haven't seen a flame in a very long time.
    nope I wasnt there, it was probably ga2ski
    No, I think it was TreeSkier? Or someone close to that name. I guess I talked to ga2ski in the parking lot though.

Whats up everyone ,
    My name is Drew, I'm a 5th year college student at Binghamton University, NY. I also teach skiing at Labrador mountain with my PSIA L1 certification. I'm probably ready for L2, but I'm to broke for the exam.
    As far as everything goes, my life is skiing. I have given up persuing a degree in veterinary medicine so I could ski more, I am moving to vermont so I can ski more. I am going to germany for two years on an instructor excahnge program after college so I can ski more. My DNR that is in my wallet orders to not recussitate if injuries will prevent me from skiing. Get the hint. I think the "problem" stems from the fact that when I grew up on long island, people said I would never be a great skiier because of where I'm from, well now I am and everyone can kiss my ...

Anyway, I found this site just cause i was looking for ski stuff online, i like it.
    RIP Dynastar 63\'s. 11/O5-2/14/06

She never graduated from any random high schools in Brooklyn, but she did belove to eat poop...She beloved that big pile of beloved cat poop...

Since I already posted a thread on this forum, I guess it would be polite to introduce myself.

I'm a 32 year old Nowegian dude (Orjan is the name) who plan to take up some skiing again. Since I bought my five year old doughter a pair last year, it's a perfect excuse to trade my 14 year old K2's into a pair of modern skis.

I work offshore for PGS as an onboard geophysicist. That means I work 5 weeks on, and then have 5 weeks off. It doesn't mean I can play around for those 5 weeks off though since I have two kids (2 1/2 and 5) and a wife at home (Trondheim, Norway). But I do live 5 minutes away from the slopes I practically used to live in as a teenager.

I've got a good impression of the AZ-forums so far, so even if I don't live/ski in the NE-part of the US, I hope it's allright to check out what's going on here.

Orjan
    -Orjan- \"Norwegian Skier\", My hill

Quote Originally Posted by Norway
    I've got a good impression of the AZ-forums so far, so even if I don't live/ski in the NE-part of the US, I hope it's allright to check out what's going on here.
    Absolutely. Welcome, Orjan!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Guess I should add that I did my senior High School year (class of 1992) in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. There I used to hang out with a group of really devoted snowboarders.
    One day I got to join them in a small hill they used to snowboard. I'd never even tried a snowboard before and they were wondering why they even took this amateur with them. At the end of the day I was jumping at the same places as they did. They were really annoyed that I'd just spent one day learning what they had spent a whole year trying to learn.

Well, hope that wasn't too much bragging. It is just very good memory I have from skiing/snowboarding in the States.
    Thanks to Tay, Mark and Eric that took me snowboarding.

Have you ever been to Narvik? I remember it looked pretty sick in Global Storming. It was Stian Hagen's home resort.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Both my parents are from Narvik. I have only been there during summertime, and it's a while ago now. I now they're suppose to have a pretty good mountain to ski in. Some pics here

I just came across this forum, glad to have found it! I'm 37, started skiing about 14 years ago mostly at Stratton, Okemo, Killington. My wife and I took took several trips out west between 1997 and 2000, then we had kids and haven't skied much since

Started out my eldest daughter with lessons last season at Ski Sundown, signed her up again this year and have enjoyed taking her down the Sunnyside Learning Area runs. I stopped off as a strong intermediate skier, probably around PSIA Level 7, but my first time out last year felt like a beginner again! Still, I'm excited about my kids getting into skiing and all of us going out together.

Wife and I took a nice getaway to Stratton over Thanksgiving, first time we'd really skied in five years, it was fun! My skis were Rossignols circa 1998, so I wanted new sticks even though I don't anticipate doing much other than following my daughter down the learning area. So I just bought some Volkl SuperSport 4 Stars off eBay (nice deal) and can't wait to get out there again. Will probably take my daughter to Sundown tomorrow and on Saturday. It's really convenient being only 20 minutes door-to-door (if that), but I'm starting to yearn for a little more terrain.

Thread Information