New Member Introductions Thread - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 163 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catul
    Started out my eldest daughter with lessons last season at Ski Sundown, signed her up again this year and have enjoyed taking her down the Sunnyside Learning Area runs.
    Welcome!

How is the school at Sundown? My daughter will be ready to start next season (she'll be 3 turning 4 next January). Do they have a camp or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Welcome!

How is the school at Sundown? My daughter will be ready to start next season (she'll be 3 turning 4 next January). Do they have a camp or anything?
    Thanks for the welcome! Thought I'd start a new thread on the Ski Sundown school here

Welcome Catul. If you're at Sundown on Saturday I'll probably see you. I usually work the Sunnyside double. This is me: http://bvibert.com/img/aboutbrian.jpg
    Brian

Welcome to everyone I missed!

You'll like the forum. You'll like it whether you like it or not.

Or something.

Cool place to 'cyber hang' though, when it gets boring at work (like now for me).
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

How I found this forum...

I was searching on the term "ski cheap or die" since I have a little hobby website by that name and found that one of the members here uses it in his signature so I figured that I'm in good company.

Okay, time to pack the car and go. $29 for NH residents at Sunapee for the afternoon!
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Here's my belated intro. Also you could read this post:http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtop...=65&highlight= Be sure to look at the dates as you scroll down.
    So yeah I grew up in Nashua then fled to Colorado in 93. Spent 2 years in Crested Butte, 2 years in Summit County, and 8 years in Steamboat. So now I'm back in NH to finish school and get a "real" job. Also New England just feels like home. All I miss about CO so far is the good job market and the comfort and safety of that rut I had dug.
    I Grew up skiing and switched to snowboarding in 87. I have been going to mostly Cannon and am a little freaked out I don't have a pass this year. I ride mostly in the woods when possible, but will take a run through the park sometimes. I still ski once in a great while and have telemarked a bit also. In the summer I hike, bike and skateboard.
    If you see an old school looking boarder at Cannon with a red beard and a blue Salomon, say hi, i'm ususally alone and looping Mittersill hikes, i could use a partner for safety.

Ah, another refugee from Nashua. There ought to be a forum just for us.
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Hi there, I like your forum, really nice crowd. I'm in CT, 31, have been skiing since seven, racing, mostly spec. slalom & GS, switched over to bumps and air.
    Yeah, I started a ski video podcast http://northeastskipodcast.com a few months ago. I also build podcasting extensions to the blogging engine I'm using http://www.northeastskipodcast.com/a...ls-blog-engine, and play a lot with pro video and techno stuff that keeps it all running.

I ran across your forum while searching Google for Lindsay Jacobellis, and I decided to sign up - mostly to make myself jealous. This winter in Tennessee, we've had a snow drought. There has been NO SNOW at all until this week, and I'm like Gollum out there, totally grateful for the 3/4 inch we got and having to resist the urge to take my shovel and pile it all up in the shade somewhere. It's pretty pathetic.

And now it melted after like 12 hours. What is WRONG with this climate?!

So, hopefully I can come in here and enjoy the slopes vicariously.

Blessings!
    Jazzcat
    In every creation
    Is the heart of the creator revealed.
    In Nature
    Is the heart of God revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzcat
    I ran across your forum while searching Google for Lindsay Jacobellis, and I decided to sign up - mostly to make myself jealous. This winter in Tennessee, we've had a snow drought. There has been NO SNOW at all until this week, and I'm like Gollum out there, totally grateful for the 3/4 inch we got and having to resist the urge to take my shovel and pile it all up in the shade somewhere. It's pretty pathetic.

And now it melted after like 12 hours. What is WRONG with this climate?!

So, hopefully I can come in here and enjoy the slopes vicariously.

Blessings!
    Jazzcat
    Great Smokies? I hear that's a beautiful area. Gotta get there someday.

Glad you joined, send us some updates when it does snow.

Thread Information