New Member Introductions Thread - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    I went to 1st thru 3rd grade in Queens. PS 201. Lived in Elechester.

introductions

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say "hi" to people. Found this forum and hope to get some advice on outdoor stuff. I'm Tim, i've been annoying people for last 23 years , live in Fairfield CT, speak english (well, ok people understand me at least sometimes) and russian. Since i'm working long hours on my job (small business environment, IT/Finance field) and do lots of studying in addition to this (hoping to get into NYU Stern), i have to get out somewhere on the weekends.
    Hiking, mt. biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, indoor climbing, scuba, skydiving - anything that requires some movement and preferably takes place where there is no cellphone coverage. One thing i haven't done is skiing or snowboarding - maybe next winter I will get a chance to try.

Last year hiked Mt Katahdin while wearing boots one size smaller than i need (but was able to go whitewater the next day - suddenly when you see a class 5 rapid in front of you, you miraculously tend to forget about pain in your feet) and i think got hooked on this stuff - took about 200 pictures on the way up with my faithful Canon Digital Rebel. This January, it was Wayna Picchu in Peru with the same camera. Just upgraded to 30D, and cannot wait to go somewhere. Love Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont - haven't travelled a lot in US though - 've been here only 6 years and 've been working-working-working, but not planning to leave .

Last year got my Saab 9-2x with a manual, and immediately set it on the rock in Maine... Love this car - the engine is a bit weak but the car is still pretty responsive imho.

Love , or wine with a good steak.

I think that's about it about me. Thanks for reading and hope that one day i might be able to help somebody with advice.

TS

Nice intro RookKilla, welcome!

Give skiing or boarding a try next winter, if nothing else it's something to keep you busy in the winter. Becareful though, it's likely to become another addiction!
    Brian

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    Nice intro RookKilla, welcome!

Give skiing or boarding a try next winter, if nothing else it's something to keep you busy in the winter. Becareful though, it's likely to become another addiction!
    LOL. Thanks, Brian. i have a friend who is into this, so i'm still wondering why i haven't done it.

BeanoNYC: Tiny neighborhood called Hollis Hills however not too many people know this name. It usually goes under Queens Village. To be more specific: Grand Central Pkwy & Clearview Expwy

Quote Originally Posted by zook
    I guess it's time for me to finally introduce myself...

I've been a regular to this forum for the past 7 months or so, so far just reading the posts. Hopefully that's about to change! This is a great forum, lots of interesting people here. Great topics, good skiing info and advise.

I come from Poland. I have only started skiing last year and I've been hooked since. I'm getting my new skis this month and can't wait for the snow to try them out! Unfortunatelly that means at least 6 months of waiting... My home mountain for now is Windham but I'm looking forward to exploring more northern resorts next season (NH and VT). In the off season I enjoy hiking and some cycling.

Thanks to moderators and all posters for keeping this place so enjoyable.

Agata.
    Dzien dobry Zook, witamy

Quote Originally Posted by zook
    BeanoNYC: Tiny neighborhood called Hollis Hills however not too many people know this name. It usually goes under Queens Village. To be more specific: Grand Central Pkwy & Clearview Expwy

Alright, not too far. I'm down in the Rockaway Park/Belle Harbor area by the beach. Not too far from Howard Beach in Queens and Mill Basin in Brooklyn.
    ~Rich~

HI!

Just found this site today, and it looks pretty cool. Obviously, I love hiking, but also enjoy cats, good beer, sea chanties, and photograhy.

Hiking up KWMN in less than two weeks, I cannot wait!

Andyzee:
    I guess I'm not the only Polish person here Thanks, I already feel like home

BeanoNYC:
    Not far at all. It must be nice to live by the beach in the summer.
    Good to know there are AZ members in Queens. Where do you usually ski?

Rookkilla and melnino welcome.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Thread Information