• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

JasonE

Website
www.kittiesforacure.com
new here

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to be here. I'm an avid skier, although I only returned to the sport (after 12 years of not skiing) this past year. Loving it, but still having trouble adjusting to skiing on shaped skis, and with a much-worse-shaped body :blink:

Anyway, am an active member over at Snowjournal, and just found Alpine Zone by coming across your ski area challenge interviews (love them - great insight into the industry!) so thought I'd join the forums and, well, add another web site to waste hours a day on :lol:

Last year I split my skiing time about 50/50 between Crotched (love that place) and Wachusett (10 minutes from home, so convenient). This year I have a WaWa pass, but still hope to hit Crotched for midnight madness a few times. Had to choose where to get a pass, and the 10 minute drive to WaWa versus an hour and 10 to Crotched made it the obvious choice, even though I enjoy skiing more at Crotched.

Anyway, I hope to have some fun and meet some of you out there this season. Happy to be here!

Jason

Trekchick

Hi all!
I'm trekchick from EpicSki. I originally registered here to answer the "epic is down" questions last week but it was fixed before I had a chance.
This sure seems like a nice crowd

Hey!
I've actually skied with PARidgeracer a kton last April Fools day.
I don't know if I should post that I gave him a Butt Rub..........should I?
There is a thread on EpicSki titled Trekchick's Butt Rub
I've only posted a few times here and already feel very
welcome.gif

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome Trekchick, thanks for the intro! Where do you spend most of your time skiing?

Hi all!
I'm trekchick from EpicSki. I originally registered here to answer the "epic is down" questions last week but it was fixed before I had a chance.

Hey!
welcome.gif

Hi TrekChick..welcome to AZ...Although I've never skied with you I did ski with Philpug at Blue mountain...he lost a bet about Pre skis and he actually had fun skiing Blue for the first time in a decade..:lol:So you and I are two degrees of seperation...

Trekchick

Hi TrekChick..welcome to AZ...Although I've never skied with you I did ski with Philpug at Blue mountain...he lost a bet about Pre skis and he actually had fun skiing Blue for the first time in a decade..:lol:So you and I are two degrees of seperation...
Yea! He forgot his camera (or so he said) so he had someone take a pic of him on his cell phone and he emailed it to me so he could have it to post.
n830505017_204795_6281.jpg

He is a very good friend, but I'm prone to picking on him. ;)

Trekchick

Welcome Trekchick, thanks for the intro! Where do you spend most of your time skiing?
Most of my time is spent at Crystal Mountain and Caberfae peaks in Michigan. However, I like to make a few day trips to Boyne and Nubs Nob.
This year I have a season pass for A Basin as well. Look for a phenomenal Trip report :spread:

Yea! He forgot his camera (or so he said) so he had someone take a pic of him on his cell phone and he emailed it to me so he could have it to post.
n830505017_204795_6281.jpg

He is a very good friend, but I'm prone to picking on him. ;)

Good old Blue Mountain...lol..I'm lucky that I'm 18 miles away..if it was ski season I'd be changing into my ski clothes in my office real soon.

PA Ridge Racer

Hi all!

Hey!
welcome.gif

:p It's funny, my wife just made something over the weekend with the buttrub. Good stuff for sure. Welcome to AZ Trek. Really glad to see you signed up here. Definitely don't be a stranger!!

Trekchick

Speaking of which, do you guys compare quiver size here?[/QUOTE]

Sure I have 5 pairs of skis and I'll probably have a 6th pair before the ski season starts...but only two pairs of poles..lol

Hey there GrillEd,

Total Posts: 1,557 (23.10 posts per day)

Addiction to message forums?

you can say that...over on paskiandride..my average is below 20 posts per day but I've been on that forum for two years...lol
I have copied a portion of this conversation to a new thread here, in an attempt at not hijacking the new member thread. :p

sledhaulingmedic

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

You know hat they say about a chick with a large Quiver?

She has a big rack.