• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Tin

New guy...

Well I have been debating whether to get back into skiing, and by finding this site my girlfriend is going to be lonely any day there is new snow.

I'm a student at URI and haven't be on a mountain in a few years. I would ski around thirty times a year and loved the trees and bumps. Jay or a big Vermont mountain when my dad had a few days off, and the Berkshire's for day trips. Then I went on a ski trip with my school junior year and my nice new $600 Head's got stolen while eating lunch at Smugg's. I was so ticked I didn't bother to buy a new pair because it was March.

This is the first winter in a few years I'm not playing hockey or sick so I'm getting back into it. And by finding this site I'm now jonesin' to get back on a hill. In the past week I have been going nuts at the gym to get the legs back in shape. I will be taking my dad's 176 Rossi's as he is too fat now, I still have my boots, and all I need now are pants and a jacket.

I'm lucky to be in RI, we have a place that runs bus trips to all the big mountains for $55 to $70 including lift ticket and the motor coach ride there and back. $59.95 for Stratton, last I knew there tickets were like $90, lol. So it will be easy to get back into the swing of things without blowing a ton of money.

Well, thanks guys...I have the bug again.:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums, and back to the sport, Tin. Now you need to get your girlfriend out on the slopes with you.

bigski6969

Girlfriend

Welcome to the forums, and back to the sport, Tin. Now you need to get your girlfriend out on the slopes with you.

Yes, you need to get her out there too! Nothing better than skiing with my Honey Bunny, and showing him off! :wink:

Shock

Hey all,

Im a junior at RIC and still fairly new to skiing. I really picked it up last year and kind of ran with it. This (actually like Tin) will be my first year without hockey to play as well. I lurked on the forums a few days before deciding to join. It seems like a reall knowledgable base to learn from for the Northeast.

I'm currently debating where to get a season pass for, since I'm coming from RI. They all seem to have about the same price for college students (~$330)

Shock

I ski'd a couple places. Ski Ward / Wachusett and Sunday River for spring break. SR was pretty fun but kind of far. I tend to ski mostly single blacks and an occaisional double.

Thanks for the welcome.

Tin

Shock, New England Action Sports in Warwick runs bust trips, leave at 4am, ski until 4pm, get home around 10pm to all the big mountains for around $65. It is the way to go for a college student.

Beetlenut

Welcome to the boards Tin and Shock. You'll have to take the trip out to Sundown for a night of bumps. It's about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour ride from where you are.

Shock

Thanks for the heads up Tin, was looking at the various buses and trips they have. It's trade off really, it's nice to not have to drive, but I like to stick to my schedule as well.

As for bump skiing, thanks for the heads up Beetle. I'd love to check that out one night. On what nights do most AZ'ers go?

bvibert

Staff member
As for bump skiing, thanks for the heads up Beetle. I'd love to check that out one night. On what nights do most AZ'ers go?

It depends on what night has the best conditions and works out best for people. The sort of default night it Wednesday, which is pretty much the only night that I'll be able to make it regularly.

Jeremiah

Great site

I'm new to the site and love the info here! I'm looking to meet riders from the portland area to drive up with. I have the new england bronze, so whoever frequents the river, the loaf, and loon hit me up! I'll be looking to join any west trip i can do this year, spent 6 weeks on Hood last mar, and april. It is fantastic! Looking foward to meeting new riders and learning more terain!

rocojerry

I'm new to the site and love the info here! I'm looking to meet riders from the portland area to drive up with. I have the new england bronze, so whoever frequents the river, the loaf, and loon hit me up! I'll be looking to join any west trip i can do this year, spent 6 weeks on Hood last mar, and april. It is fantastic! Looking foward to meeting new riders and learning more terain!

Welcome Jeremiah -- I'm looking forward to hitting those 3 and more up this winter too....

Palmetto Native

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live just outside Charlotte, NC, but have future plans to move up to NH in a few years. But some friends and I are planning on making our big trip to New England this year.

Mountains on the docket: Okemo, Killington, Stratton, Cannon, Gore, and Whiteface.
Feb 28 - Mar 7....hope there is plenty of snow...hasn't been cold enough down here yet to even turn on our snow guns...we are begging for some cool weather to be open by Thanksgiving...but its not looking good.

Aaron

Palmetto Native

Thanks for the welcome.

Been a long time since I have skiied up North. Lived in Norwich, CT & Saratoga Springs, NY about 12 years ago. Typically our big ski trip is to Colorado (the last two years), but wanted a change of pace.

Next year it looks like Utah (have a trade show in Las Vegas in January...so gonna drive out for a couple days when thats over).