• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome Palmetto Native, hopefully we have great conditions for your visit. Looks like you're going to be all over the place.

Bobt2ski

My name is Bob. Really enjoy reading articles in this forum and wanted to become a part of it. I was a full time Ski Instructor for years and at the present am enjoying recreational skiing at different ski areas. Skiing is such a rush and am pleased that I will be able read and share your and my experiences together!!!!!! Take care all and look forward to getting to know everyone!!!!

Bobt2ski

Otis Ridge, which is 5 minutes from the house and Butternut which is a half hour away have been my most frequent places the last several years.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Welcome, Bob! If you're ever looking to ski with some AZers, there's a big group of regulars at Ski Sundown in New Hartford, CT, which isn't too far away from you.

greetings!

long time, first time...

would probably label myself an advanced intermediate...skiied from age 2 to age 17(grew up in princeton...my dad owned 'the ski shoppe' in lawrence, nj), then took a 10 year hiatus as interest and finances waned...i am based in spring mount, which is SE PA, about 30 miles north of philly, and picked the sport back up when i moved out of CC philly and down the street from what is now my home hill, majestic spring mountain, and all 420(!) feet of its rocking vertical...it is literally down the street from my place, walking distance, can see the slopes out my window, but really it's only good for mountain biking and easy hike-up, ski-down fun trips...about 20 minutes away from me is bear creek fka doe mountain, again not really worth the price of the ticket for me

try to do a northern VT trip at least once per year...these days i have a 9 month old son, so it's been all day-trips, mostly to blue and elk...more elk, which i find has more, better terrain, less crowded, and just an overall better vibe...worth the extra hour in the car for me, imho...have never skied any of the catskill mts, so i think i need to change that this year and appreciate any beta thrown my way in that regard...never have skied anywhere in the west, but it's on the bucket list...once i get the boy walking/on skis we will ramp up the ski trips again hopefully...wife likes to go on trips, and likes to ski, but is strictly a green circle lady

i know harvey from FTO, where i've posted a couple TR's as 'box283'...otherwise i look forward to getting to know you all...seems like a good crowd for the most part...onward and upward

marcus1

Hi everyone, Nice to be here.

Names Mark P and I grew up in Cheshire Ct. I now live in Myrtle Beach SC after just moving from Charlotte NC. I am an avid skier who learned to ski on Mixville tow and Mount Sothington Ct in the early 70s. How can I be an avid skier in SC you ask?.....lol.... good question. I take lots of trips to WV and VA. I dont even bother with the NC mountains to busy and small. I dont mind small hills, just 30 min lines on lifts get to me. I ski mostly at Snowshoe, Winterplace and Bryce. My inlaws live and work at Bryce resort so its convenient.

I grew up in Cheshire and other than Mixville tow and Mt southington, I skied Hunter, Sugerbush, Killington, Jay Peak, Ski Sundown, Mohawk Mt, and a couple others in PA and Ma. I am an Audio Engineer and hope in the next year to move back up North.

I came across the NELSAP site doing a search for Mixville...... I was homesick one night and was looking for pictures of my hometown. The site is really cool and I have been checking out old sites over the eastcoast. Jusrt love to read up on all the old closed down ski hills.

I learned to ski on Mixville tow in the early 70s and the tow was still operational up until about 76. I seem to remember it breaking down and then they fixed it and then it broke down again.....:(( I saw the video the guys posted last year on thier trip to Mixville and it was nice to see the old hill I learned on. I havnt been there in 15+ years. The hill is still used for sledding so its packed quite often.

Ok enough from me, I can go on and on.... Nice to be here and I look forward to getting active in the Forums.

andyaxa

Intro From NH

Hi everybody!
Just found the site and love the regional aspect and the friendly atmosphere! Due to my growing up in the Caribbean and then a full blown ACL reconstruction in college 25 years ago I never took up skiing and was afraid to try. Well, I have a lovely family now with 3 girls (6,9,9) who all started taking lessons at the end of last season. (My wife is quite proficient.) That was the final straw. Sick of waiting in the lodge, I really wanted to join the family on the mountain, so I took a lesson on a perfect day back in January. I returned once to Crotched and once to Pat's and now I'm a hopeless addict!

Our local is Crotched. It's close and all the kids' friends are up there. We're heading up to Quebec City and Mont Sainte-Anne for break next week. Really looking forward to that!

Love all the trip reports...I feel like I can live vicariously through the posters when I can't actually be on the white stuff.

Cheers!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Hi everybody!
Just found the site and love the regional aspect and the friendly atmosphere! Due to my growing up in the Caribbean and then a full blown ACL reconstruction in college 25 years ago I never took up skiing and was afraid to try. Well, I have a lovely family now with 3 girls (6,9,9) who all started taking lessons at the end of last season. (My wife is quite proficient.) That was the final straw. Sick of waiting in the lodge, I really wanted to join the family on the mountain, so I took a lesson on a perfect day back in January. I returned once to Crotched and once to Pat's and now I'm a hopeless addict!

Our local is Crotched. It's close and all the kids' friends are up there. We're heading up to Quebec City and Mont Sainte-Anne for break next week. Really looking forward to that!

Love all the trip reports...I feel like I can live vicariously through the posters when I can't actually be on the white stuff.

Cheers!
Welcome to AZ! :daffy:

bvibert

Staff member
Hi everybody!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums and the addiction!

Part Time Vermonter

Hi, new member here. I'm from NJ but ski and ride in Vermont regularly. I hit the southern resorts throughout the winter season.

I have been skiing all of my life. Five years ago at age 29, I picked up a Ride Havoc snowboard and have been riding that when not skiing in freshies.

Last year, I acquired a Monoski after going to a monoski event in Utah with people from all over th world. The monoski works well more in deep pow and western pack than at Okemno or Suicide Six as I found out last year.

I used to go to Killington as a kid, but haven't been there in years, I've grown to prefer the smaller, more remote places in southern VT although I have always wanted to make it to Jay.

I joined to talk to people and see what their thoughts are of various resorts in VT and NH and basically see what people are skiing/riding on.

I saw a link to this site on someone's profile over on TGR.

Just wanted to say hello....thanks.