• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

pfrenchbarber

Hello!

I'm new to AZ and would like to introduce myself. I'm a NH native but learned how to ski at Sugarloaf. My family had a camp there and I guess you could say I grew up there. I was in the Jr. Master's program at Sugarloaf all through jr. high and high school and have incredible memories from that experience.

I ended up in Virginia because of my husband's Navy career but I'm moving back to New England next year. I hope to meet some people who like to ski as much as I do and I'm considering moving to Carrabassett if I can find a job there! I have always regretted leaving New England but now I'm coming home!!

pfrenchbarber

Thanks for the welcome! It's 80 degrees here currently and I can't get out of here fast enough! I may not be able to move until next year but I will certainly be on the slopes of New England before then!!

adkmike

Hi all, I'm new to this site and try to find my way around.... any way let me start off by saying that I like what I see and plan to visit often.

I am a skier that started skiing at the Ski Bowl in North Creek, NY back in the 1960's.... now I ski mainly @ Gore & Whiteface with some excursions into the backcountry of the Adirondacks. I retired from the military in 2006 so I am able to ski 50 - 60 days a season.

I see some one has posted some of my youtube ski videos of the Whiteface slides.... I hope to be making more videos this winter.

Well thats a quick look at who I am..... hope to be talking skiing with you all..... Later

campgottagopee

Hi all, I'm new to this site and try to find my way around.... any way let me start off by saying that I like what I see and plan to visit often.

I am a skier that started skiing at the Ski Bowl in North Creek, NY back in the 1960's.... now I ski mainly @ Gore & Whiteface with some excursions into the backcountry of the Adirondacks. I retired from the military in 2006 so I am able to ski 50 - 60 days a season.

I see some one has posted some of my youtube ski videos of the Whiteface slides.... I hope to be making more videos this winter.

Well thats a quick look at who I am..... hope to be talking skiing with you all..... Later

Alrighty, another ADK'er...I dig it..welcome to the show.

montblanc

hey everyone im new here and I have a coule of questions and I thought someone could help me :)

Spaldingxc

Hi everyone,

I'm new to AZ so i'd like to introduce myself. I'm a Siena College student who skis/boards at Jiminy Peak. Skiing since i was a little kid, tried boarding a few years ago and picked it up quickly so now i alternate my equipment on trips to the mountain.

I'm a Jiminy Peak student rep (but i won't spam the boards!).

Anyway, im anxious to get on the mountain tomorrow (been pumping snow for the last 11 days non-stop.)

Anyway, always looking to ski or board with others, so please feel free to message me!

ClownSki

Hey guys,

I'm a 21 year old, who skiied a bit in junior high/ high school. i believe 16 days on school ski club trips. this is my first year taking skiing seriously. i am officially hooked :). already surpassed that 16 day mark, and the plan is to get 27 days in during January. will be doing all my skiing at K.

came to these forums looking for advice on ski tuning.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums ClownSki. Plenty of guys here tune their own skis if that's what you're into.