• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

emmaurice2

New Here

Hello:

I'm new to the forum. Found the site during my obsessive search for skiing videos on YouTube. I like the Zone's videos and the forums and love skiing so, here I am.

I just started skiing again late last season after a 7-year hiatus (no injuries or anything, just started a new business which was all-consuming). I'm a little rusty, but I'm working my way back to skiing more difficult terrain and trails.

I live in Litchfield, CT and ski local areas midweek (Mohawk and Catamount) and venture further when I can. So far this year I've done Jiminy, Stratton, Catamount and Mohawk and have plans for Hunter and Windham, Magic, Stowe and Smuggler's Notch or Mad River.

My favorite places to ski (from before the afore mentioned hiatus) were Stowe, Okemo and Gore, but I'm looking forward to trying new mountains.

Thanks for having me and hopefully I can meet other Alpinezoners on the slopes.

Timothy Forry (Timothy Marks on Facebook--long story)
Litchfield, CT

mrnurseskiguy

new to this forum....going to Stratton 2/4/11..anyone interested

Hello fellow two plankers! My name is Bill and I have been skiing for 30 years. Looking for a buddy to enjoy some turns with so if it grabs you...email me, IM me and lets hit the slopes!

paradox

Hi all!! I'm new to the forum. I've been obsessing about skiing recently and especially about learning to ski moguls this season, and I found the site looking people giving tips on skiing, weather and conditions..

I live in the Fairfield County, CT area and I ski in Sundown a lot and I have a season pass to K so I'm there a lot too (almost every weekend), some of my friends like Okemo, so I've been there couple of times this season too. If I have a buddy drive up with me I would usually do a day trip.. People think driving a total of 7 hours in one day (3.5 hours each way) to ski 7 or so hours is nuts but it makes total sense to me!!! Haha.

But anyway, I'm just looking for new people to ski with. Obsessed with learning bump skiing this season, and I took a mogul weekend at K - and I still pretty much still suck. Anyway, if you guys want someone to ski with just hit me up I'll be right there!!

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums paradox! Next time you're at Sundown let us know, there's usually someone from AZ there. We should have Gunny fully seeded next week, so you'll have plenty of bumps to practice on.

Also check out mogulskiing.net if you're looking for mogul skiing advice.

powhunter

Welcome Paradox!! As Bvibert said gunbarrel should be prime in a week or so...Im usually there monday and tuesday..Just check the trip and events forum....Also the sundown bump comp is the 19th A great time!

steveo

paradox

Welcome to the forums paradox! Next time you're at Sundown let us know, there's usually someone from AZ there. We should have Gunny fully seeded next week, so you'll have plenty of bumps to practice on.

Also check out mogulskiing.net if you're looking for mogul skiing advice.

Thanks bvibert and powhunter! I've been posting on the other forum past few weeks too, I was told there were a lot of guys here who go to sundown.

I've been practicing on the Gunny bumps this week. I miss the bumps in Ex though - way more manageable especially when it firms up (hurts way less when you fall lol). In fact heading there today. :) (I was gonna drive up to K today but the weekend doesn't look so good. May drive up anyway)

Anyway I'm off work today until next week so any of you guys get lonely and want to do a few runs just drop me a line..

AMBR

Greetings. Just joined the forum today. I live on the Jersey Shore, in Neptune, (No, I've never met Snooki) and belong to the Monmouth Ski club. We have a lodge in Pittsford, VT just up Route 7 from Rutland, so mostly I ski VT. Really glad I found this forum and a whole bunch of people to discuss skiing - my #1 sport. When I'm not skiing, I'm a professional photographer. My business is mainly focused on real estate, but I also do concert, portrait and outdoors photography. Looking forward to being a part of this group!

BTW, anyone know why my avatar doesn't display? Yes, it's within the size parameters at 210x320, 46.5k.

tskski

Hi, joined the forum a few days ago. I live in Virginia and ski mainly in the mid-atlantic region. I've made several trips to Colorado to visit my son and skied at many of the resorts there. He's moving home in a few weeks so we won't be making many trips to Colorado. We thought it's time to check out New England skiing. I've been reading the forum to get info to help in planning a trip for next winter. Looking forward to going some place new!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Welcome aboard! Fire away, we always have snappy answers. Not always right, and sometimes a slanted (especially mine!) , but add them all together, stir and make up your own mind.
Interested in seeing some TR's from your neck of the woods. Got snow?

mediamogul

Hello. I just joined the forum and suppose I should introduce myself. I am from Northampton, MA and work in Human Services. I pretty much live for skiing and have been on the mountains since I was 12. I am currently a Kmart passholder and have considered it my home mountain for many years. It has been sad to see some of the changes in the mountain but it just makes the most sense. Jay, MRG, Magic and Sugarbush are my other favs. I am a dedicated mogul, tree and steeps skier and LOVE to challenge myself. I look forward to joining the discussion as it seems many of you share my passion for the sport.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Hello. I just joined the forum and suppose I should introduce myself. I am from Northampton, MA and work in Human Services. I pretty much live for skiing and have been on the mountains since I was 12. I am currently a Kmart passholder and have considered it my home mountain for many years. It has been sad to see some of the changes in the mountain but it just makes the most sense. Jay, MRG, Magic and Sugarbush are my other favs. I am a dedicated mogul, tree and steeps skier and LOVE to challenge myself. I look forward to joining the discussion as it seems many of you share my passion for the sport.

Welcome to the forums mediamogul!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Well, you came to the right place for moguls! There are many mogul moguls here. :p
Jump right in the discussion; I probably embarrass myself way more often than you ever will! And.... don't forget those trip reports. The brutal truth sure tells all!
Welcome!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Welcome! Northampton is a nice area, I used to be in the Air National Guard out of Westfield right next door.

Warp Daddy

I haven't checked this area out in a while so it seems like we got some good new freshmen aboard !!
Welcome to all you guys . Don't be bashful , we sometimes bark but never bite . Good bunch of ski whackos here so join the dialog.