• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah, working on it, got a few here... my sis (obviously), her BF (vdk03) and I'm working on my wife. Got a few buddies who are into skiing and enjoy forums but I have to try to get them in in the fall probably when the skiing season picks up again. Most of the less-hardcore among my friends have left the skiing season behind.

booooooo

I thought I would re introduce myself not that most of you care. Yes much has happened since I have been away and nothing that would have improved my disposition either (minus the meds). I got 2 whole days in last season (Safety Hint: Don't wear slippers when carring 5/8 plywood sheet) I will make up for it this coming season. I like what Magic is doing and I actually support it.
SJ is a class act and I haven't been able to log in to NSZ. I don't have much but I appreciate every thing I got... I know I snowboard better than majority of you here.. Oh Free GSS Please or I believe the term would be a "Full Frontal Assault" is a coming your way..
"two is one.. one is none"
Looking forward to the banter ..

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I thought I would re introduce myself not that most of you care. Yes much has happened since I have been away and nothing that would have improved my disposition either (minus the meds). I got 2 whole days in last season (Safety Hint: Don't wear slippers when carring 5/8 plywood sheet) I will make up for it this coming season. I like what Magic is doing and I actually support it.
SJ is a class act and I haven't been able to log in to NSZ. I don't have much but I appreciate every thing I got... I know I snowboard better than majority of you here.. Oh Free GSS Please or I believe the term would be a "Full Frontal Assault" is a coming your way..
"two is one.. one is none"
Looking forward to the banter ..
Welcome back! Anyone with boards on their feet is OK with me!

Welcome to the slipper club: I get a little distracted in the morning and the next thing you know I'm outside digging or something in my sleepwear or walking the dog in the rain (today) in my slippers.:dunce: Luckily I remember to put my ski boots on for skiing, though I have been known to leave my jacket at home.:dontknow:

Don't forget to welcome Nick our new Big Kahuna and thank Greg for putting up with us!

Who is GSS :lol:

lolkl

Howdy,
To avoid any confusion, I am the member formally known as dbking (dirtbag King ). I switched my ISP this Summer and I didn't know how easy it could have been to keep my old screen name. I did not change names for trolling purposes. I think that I have been playing fair for a number of years ( OK, I make fun of snowboarders when the chance permits ).
I met my first A - Zers this past Winter. TJF and his friends came to Big Sky and we had a great time. I didn't know what to expect. While I was waiting to meet them later in the day, I was in fear every time I saw someone struggling down the mountain. I would yell, " Hey, are you guys from Lake Placid? " I was so relieved to hear them say no. It turned out that they really rip. I should have expected that as they are from Whiteface... a pretty good training ground.
I have been skiing Big Sky for the past 20 seasons but I lived in the MRV for 12 years before that. I was a ski patroller at Sugarbush in the 80's. I loved skiing the East and I check out this site to keep up with what is going on. I go back to the Adirondacks every couple years to visit the family but I haven't been back to ski. I'm spoiled. And I hate that because when I was skiing the East I hated Western heel pushers that couldn't carve a real turn to save their ass. I'm worried that I couldn't handle it anymore... but not so worried that I am going to find out.
The skiing is pretty frickin' good out here. If you're thinking of coming to Montana this season give me a PM. I think TJF67 will vouche for my guide`skills. Like I told him, if you can keep up, I'll show you a good time you won't find by yourself.

Sent from my Thunderfuk 5000 via Coitusview G3

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey Lolkl - you should be able to still log in w/ the old name, if you'd prefer that one. If you'd like we can merge the two together as well for post count or whatever purposes. Or we can just leave it be :)

Fuller Wycliff

Hi everyone, i wanted to try and set things right by introducing myself properly.

My name is Fuller Wycliff. I enjoy lots of outdoor activities, primarily in the summer sun but i do enjoy spring skiing on warm bluebird days too.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Welcome Fuller! Jump right in and discuss. No question is dumb and any question answered once is worth repeating. Except my questions of course. I'm sure your ideas will eclipse mine too.
I suggest you ignore me for starters. :dunce: Unless you want beta on ski deals! :fangun:

SNOWPLAYERS11

HEY EVERYBODY! I wanted to start out on the right foot, and introduce myself. This forum seems pretty awesome, and everyone seems laid back. I'm 24 years young, just starting my career, I love to cook, drink coffee, shop, and snowboard! Can't wait to go on my trip in December. I hope everyone is having a good day or, night.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
HEY EVERYBODY! I wanted to start out on the right foot, and introduce myself. This forum seems pretty awesome, and everyone seems laid back. I'm 24 years young, just starting my career, I love to cook, drink coffee, shop, and snowboard! Can't wait to go on my trip in December. I hope everyone is having a good day or, night.

Welcome to the forums!

Where is your trip in December? You heading east or west from Indianapolis?

gfarfan1

Hi I am new to the Maine area ski culture, but I am interested in running a ski resort and knowing what is what people in the area would like to see improved in the areas of activities, infrastructure, food and beverages, etc. I like state-of-the-art technology and innovations. I usually ski and snowboard in Colorado but I'd like to see what needs to be done in the Maine area to improve the experience. All your comments will be greatly appreciated!

Dylan

Greetings World. Getting my introductory post in before I have filled out my profile! But I'll be joining soon!

Dylan

Black Phantom

Hi I am new to the Maine area ski culture, but I am interested in running a ski resort and knowing what is what people in the area would like to see improved in the areas of activities, infrastructure, food and beverages, etc. I like state-of-the-art technology and innovations. I usually ski and snowboard in Colorado but I'd like to see what needs to be done in the Maine area to improve the experience. All your comments will be greatly appreciated!

Complete infrastructure rebuild. Efficient highways and secondary roads. New lifts.

Less little people.

That is a quick start. Can you provide the leadership to accomplish these objectives?

AllTunedUp

Website
www.alltunedup.com
new to the forum

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up and figured I should introduce myself. My name is Adam and I live in north central MA with my wife and our 14 month old son. I have been skiing since I was twelve and have managed to move about and ski a few places out west as well. I had always ski'd regular alpine until two seasons ago when I switched over to Tele and never looked back. It was just what I needed to break out of a skiing funk. I am very interested in backcountry and am excited to say that my season began this past Sunday with a skin up Watatic! My home mountain had always been Sugarbush until I moved here to be with my wife. I have been in the area for 5 years now, after moving from Vermont when we were married.
I have been tuning skis for almost a decade now with about five years professionally. After talking and dreaming about it since the first time I saw TJ Burke scraping his skis in a caboose, I opened my first business this September in Westminster, MA. It is a ski, snowboard and bicycle service shop called All Tuned Up. I have a complete shop setup with stonegrinder, ceramic disc edger and multiple setups for waxing. I am able to do full hand applied race tunes, stonegrinds or basic edge and wax touchups. I don't want to break any rules by self promoting so until I have the go ahead from the moderators I won't mention anymore about my shop.
Anyways, thats my brief introduction and I look forward to making turns this season. Thanks for reading.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums AllTunedUp! Self promoting is okay from established members, which it looks like you're on your way to becoming.