New Member Introductions Thread - Page 59

AlpineZone

Page 59 of 163 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    Welcome rocojerry and Welcome back kid3. Thanks for the intros!

Brian

Another new guy

Hey everyone, I found AZ through Google when finding rss feeds to add to my page. Started skiing since I was a wee lad learning the ropes at Sterling Forest and Vernon Valley back in the day. After college I moved to South Jersey.. now the Poconos are the closest places I hit up. You can find me at Blue (I crack up reading every one of GrilledSteeze's posts lol), Camelback, and JFBB. I'll be 29 in a few weeks and look forward to the next 29+ years to ski!

On a side note, bvibert - I've had your SAC page open probably every day the past year+ Thanks for all the alerts thus far, most of the gear I have now thanks you for their new home

Quote Originally Posted by mrksn View Post
    Hey everyone, I found AZ through Google when finding rss feeds to add to my page. Started skiing since I was a wee lad learning the ropes at Sterling Forest and Vernon Valley back in the day. After college I moved to South Jersey.. now the Poconos are the closest places I hit up. You can find me at Blue (I crack up reading every one of GrilledSteeze's posts lol), Camelback, and JFBB. I'll be 29 in a few weeks and look forward to the next 29+ years to ski!

On a side note, bvibert - I've had your SAC page open probably every day the past year+ Thanks for all the alerts thus far, most of the gear I have now thanks you for their new home

Welcome to AlpineZone..I guess I have another groupie..

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks, I'm glad you find the SAC tracker useful! It's good to hear feedback, if not for the server records I wouldn't know if anyone uses it...
    Brian

Poconos, enjoy Grilled Steeze's post, you poor thing. But hey, welcome!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rocojerry View Post
    but these last few years I've favored variety and better conditions and aimed for getting the most days

-Jerry
    Welcome Jerry,
    You and a few other new joins have expressed an interest in more ad-hoc, go where the goods are approach to skiing. That's my deal and why I find it difficult to commit to some of the arranged trips posted here a week or more in advance. Nothing against them, they are skiers and boarders of the highest quality and integrity..... but you know the powder days saying about friends... . I often don't decide till that morning. For me it is often VT or NH, and rarely MA.

So for me, I use the AZ radio frequency (posted elswhere, I fergetz...) and give a shout a couple times during the day. I've not had any luck with others monitoring it, but I'm going to persist, now that these radios are cheapo.

So I'll encourage all to give a shout on the radio if you want to do a run or two together.

Welcome again,
    Bill
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Poconos, enjoy Grilled Steeze's post, you poor thing. But hey, welcome!
    It's a Pocono thing.... You wouldn't understand...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Another new member.

Hi all, my name is Rob and I recently found this forum. I live in central MA and work in Boston. My screen name is in memory of my best friend Buddy who passed away in Sept. '07. Buddy was a lab/shepard rotty mix who did lots of mountain biking and hiking with me.
    I work in the construction industry, so winter is slow as far as work goes. I am in my mid 30's . I have been an avid mountain biker since 1990, with 7 years of downhill racing experience. Today I ride 2-3 days a week between May and November, depending on weather. I also spend time cutting new bike trails(legal of course) and maintaining the trails.
    Anyway, ski history: skied on and off as a child at Ward Hill in Shrews. MA and Wachusette, hockey took up most of my teenage years.I began skiing 3-4 times a week while attending Plymouth State College '90 -'92 and working at Waterville on weekends. Since then I only get out around a dozen times a year. I have lost alot of skiing buddies to the American dream, jobs and kids.
    My style of skiing, trees mostly but run groomers in order to work on technique. I would rate myself at about mid level expert, can ski any terrain but occassionally my form falls apart. Typical area's visited, Jay Peak(alway's finish the day with a Big Jay run), Smuggler's Notch (backbowls mostly) and Cannon for day trips. I have some experience with backcountry trips, Tear Drop on Mansfield and Tuckermans,plus some local stuff when the snows right. If I had my choice and friends willing I would spend 90% of my time in backcountry.
    Epic powder days, last year Valantines day storm at MountSnow, my wife understood. The biggest day was Jay Peak on St Patrick's day '07. That was amazing, fresh tracks until about 1:30pm when all the drunks shook off their hang overs, so my buddy and I headed over to Big Jay. We were the first to hit the trail over, my AT set-up was broken so I was snow shoeing along the ridge breaking trail in 2+ feet when 3 local's past me on AT set-up about 100yds before dropping in! I wanted first tracks, oh well still the best day I ever had.
    Great forum guys, thanks for setting it up.
    Rob

Welcome aboard

Welcome BuddyDog! Be sure to check out our Cycling Forum, we could use a little more MTB influence in there...

BTW, I merged you thread into this one to keep all the new member introductions in one place.
    Brian

Thread Information