• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey JP, welcome to the forums! Get your wife and friends on here too ;)

Make sure you check out the AZ Summit at the end of March if you have time and want to meet some fellow skiers.

KTammaro

Hi all

:-o Hi all, excited to be posting on AlpineZone again! Its always a good time of year when I'm here!

KTammaro

Hi, I'm KT

I have also lurked around AZ the past year, but not sure I ever introduced myself. I'm Katie, Sugarloafer since 1988, recently started skiing at Attitash and lived in Tahoe and skied Squaw 2009-2011! Adjusting back to East Coast skiing/not living on a mountain is tough!

---- JUST realized I posted on this thread last night from home, but my browser was being whacky so I didn't think it went through, oh well. This is just a lil more info for you!

powhunter

Hi everyone,
I'm JP and a new member from the Burlington, VT. area. Love to ski at Smugglers Notch with my wife and friends.

There can only be one JP

picture.php

its gnu logik

Whats up everyone,

My name is Rocco, I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I'm 28 years old, and started snowboarding last year and have been addicted ever since! I did most of my runs at Mountain Creek last year, where I learned how to ride. Just last week I went to Park City, Utah and let me tell you that I'm now 100% spoiled. It's was the single most amazing, sickest experience of my entire life, and I'm now considering moving out there lol.

My ride is a 2011 GNU 156W Carbon Credit and union contact bindings. My boots were 2011 Burton hails, which have a long story behind them. Lets just say I was sold a boot a size to big for my boot and rode for an entire year getting excruciating foot cramps. :flame:

I look forward to posting on this forum, it's always good to share good info with good people!

vdk03

Whats up everyone,

My name is Rocco, I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I'm 28 years old, and started snowboarding last year and have been addicted ever since! I did most of my runs at Mountain Creek last year, where I learned how to ride. Just last week I went to Park City, Utah and let me tell you that I'm now 100% spoiled. It's was the single most amazing, sickest experience of my entire life, and I'm now considering moving out there lol.

My ride is a 2011 GNU 156W Carbon Credit and union contact bindings. My boots were 2011 Burton hails, which have a long story behind them. Lets just say I was sold a boot a size to big for my boot and rode for an entire year getting excruciating foot cramps. :flame:

I look forward to posting on this forum, it's always good to share good info with good people!

Welcome to the site, bummer about the boots. What did you upgrade to?

bigbog

I have also lurked around AZ the past year, but not sure I ever introduced myself. I'm Katie, Sugarloafer since 1988, recently started skiing at Attitash and lived in Tahoe and skied Squaw 2009-2011! Adjusting back to East Coast skiing/not living on a mountain is tough!

---- JUST realized I posted on this thread last night from home, but my browser was being whacky so I didn't think it went through, oh well. This is just a lil more info for you!

This whole so-called winter has been a tough one.......

J3ml4b

First Post...

Hi all....I am a 31 year old skier/snowboarder.

I grew up in the northeast riding on the ice and have recently started taking trips out west in search of new mountains, new views, and new snow conditions. If you have a great hidden spot you love to ride feel free to message me and let me know where it is. My plans for next year are just getting started.....always on the lookout for a great place to ride.

seoseo

I'm a new member from Belfast Maine, used to do an annual winter climb up Washington back in the '70's, now old and pretty much in the way.
I'm joining for the purpose of thanking anyone reading this who was involved in any way in helping my son last Saturday, March 17. He was the skier who came unstuck at the top of Chute, and took a long fall, followed by a helicopter trip to Portland.
As luck would have it, he's fine. The did a Cat scan, and found nothing but unmistakable evidence of inherited stupidity.
In his defense, he's a sensible guy, a Junior at McGill studying physics and computer science. He skied White Nitro (Sugarloaf) when he was 8, and Gondaleuse (Mt. St. Anne) at 10, so it's not as if he hasn't seen steep terrain.
We drove down to Portland, got him out of Maine Med, where he was dressed in paper hospital scrubs, no shoes, no underwear. Took him to Goodwill for a new suit of clothes, and the next morning got him back with the rest of the group from the McGill Outing Club who he was with. He's back in school, claims no headache, not even any bruises.
He is a very lucky young man, and my thanks to everyone who helped out.
Stephen Olson

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome Stephen, I'm very sorry to hear about your sons fall. It sounds like he's doing well at least.