• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey Conrad! Welcome aboard. You should definitely hook up with us the 8-10th at the Summit. Bring the guy from France along. He can join our gang :)

Look forward to talking with you more. I'll fix the double post above as well.

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
To skiNEwhereHa ha, nope that is Jupiter Lift at Park City Mountain Resort. The chairs returning downward are probably 150 feet in the air.
To Nick: Thanks, I'll pay attention to what is going on and maybe I'll meet some of you guys!

Peter2290

Hi everyone,

Name's Peter, just went skiing for the first time since 6th grade (about 10 years) last week up at Sunapee with some friends and loved it. Really want to start skiing again but as a college student with no job we'll see how the $$ situation is haha.

o3jeff

Hi everyone,

Name's Peter, just went skiing for the first time since 6th grade (about 10 years) last week up at Sunapee with some friends and loved it. Really want to start skiing again but as a college student with no job we'll see how the $$ situation is haha.
Welcome Peter! Lots of ski areas give college kids some pretty good discounts, search around.

loafer69

Hello all from Skowhegan, ME and to my favorite mountain Sugarloaf/USA. I have been skiing there since 1969. The most vertical in the East and the 2nd highest mountain in Maine at 4237'. Never been to Sugarloaf? Give it a try, you will love the terrain and the people. Friendliest mountain around.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Hi all,
I'm looking for some history, information, opinions, and conditions reports, so I think I've found a good home here!
Favorite mountain: K-mart or Mount Snow
Favorite lift: South Ridge Triple (Yans rock!)
Favorite trees: Growler or any glade at Stratton
Favorite trail: the one with the snow

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hello all from Skowhegan, ME and to my favorite mountain Sugarloaf/USA. I have been skiing there since 1969. The most vertical in the East and the 2nd highest mountain in Maine at 4237'. Never been to Sugarloaf? Give it a try, you will love the terrain and the people. Friendliest mountain around.

Hi loafer! Welcome. There are quite a few sugar loaf fans on the board. Our annual AlpineZone gathering is at Sugar loaf this year - coming up Feb 8-10. You should join us!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi all,
I'm looking for some history, information, opinions, and conditions reports, so I think I've found a good home here!
Favorite mountain: K-mart or Mount Snow
Favorite lift: South Ridge Triple (Yans rock!)
Favorite trees: Growler or any glade at Stratton
Favorite trail: the one with the snow

Welcome to AZ!

mmonet

Are there other cool things to do in Sugar Loaf if you don't plan on skiing?

ricerocket

Hi All,

I am new here, and glad to find a place to post about skiing in general!

Personally, I have been skiing since I was 3, broke my leg skiing at 4, and been a lot of place sin the Northeast.

Looking to connect and find new places to ski, and someday get back out west, as I have only been to Tohoe once..

Looking forward to connecting with people, and great stories!

medfordmike

Hello, I am a new member here. IIRC I found this site last year right before the season came to a sudden end. I live just outside of Boston. I ski mostly day trips to the mountains within a few hours drive of Boston. I have been skiing about 20 years. I have found this site to have a lot of great inside info on what is going on in the northeast ski industry. I am a pass holder at Wachusett (yes it is crowded and expensive but it so damn close I can't help buying a pass :razz:). I also ski at Berkshire East and Stratton several days each year with a few others mixed in for occasional variety.

amazaheri

New member and beginner skiier joining so I can go skiing with a group of (mostly single parent) friends! ;-) Like to hike too.

JDMRoma

Newbie here….Guess I should have done this first !

I skied when I was in school but gave it up in the 80's for Water skiing.
Spent most of my free time living and breathing Barefoot Waterskiing, Jumped right into it
And bought a Tournament Barefoot Boat…FlightCraft Barefooter !

Im not One who can do things a little….its all or nothing.I skied every day living on a lake, learned many
tricks….Backwards, one foots,Back wake crossing and surface turns…Intense but Painful when you fall.
Had to give up the Barefooting 5 years ago, Herniated Disc C7 !

Needed a way out and decided to try Snow skiing once again with my Daughter.
We both immediately fell in love with it and try to get out as much as possible !

I usually ski at Bretton Woods, 3rd year with a Season pass….been averaging 35 days a season
With last year being the exception ! Crashed on Feb 19th and broke my Fibula…freaky fall, ended up in the woods.
Managed to ski down to the lodge, gather up my crap and drive the 2 hours home…worst part was getting my boot off !
Next worst part was telling my wife !!! Sucked for a few weeks but Im back with a little more respect for speed !

This past Christmas I went out to Steamboat Springs Colorado, Stayed at One SteamBoat Place…..Wow amazing place for sure !
The skiing was amazing, Christmas day 12+ inches of powder and 2 days later 20+ inches of pow….probably my best days of skiing ever !
Cant wait to get back out there……would love to move out west !

So that’s basically me…..Sorry for the novel !

John

wakenbacon

New member here.
27 years old, hailing from providence ri, wakenbacon!

I skied from age 4-12. Got on one plank and haven't been back since.
I'm at Wachusett 2-3 times a week and usually get about 15 days up north.

I don't know many snow sliding enthusiasts so let's take some runs!