• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Ridgewalker

Hi I'm C. T. Haywood and make my residence in Boxford, Mass. I am a hiker and outdoorsdude. Camping, peakbagging, and hiking is my life apart from working on my Eagle Project.
I am writing a book called An American Original, a multigenerational account of the triumphs and shortcomings of our forebearers through one family. This spans from 1630-1840 in two parts set in Maine and Massachusetts.
Currently I make plans of attending Hillsdale College in Michigan, majoring in history. My vocation will be teaching history and going to grad school to get my doctorate in history.

BeanoNYC

maplevalleymaster said:
Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I am usually located on snowjournal, but decided to branch out. Hope its fun here.

That reminds me. I have to mail back a room key to Joe at the Matterhorn. I like West Dover .... It's a nice town. The people are great.

BeanoNYC

Ridgewalker said:
Hi I'm C. T. Haywood and make my residence in Boxford, Mass. I am a hiker and outdoorsdude. Camping, peakbagging, and hiking is my life apart from working on my Eagle Project.
I am writing a book called An American Original, a multigenerational account of the triumphs and shortcomings of our forebearers through one family. This spans from 1630-1840 in two parts set in Maine and Massachusetts.
Currently I make plans of attending Hillsdale College in Michigan, majoring in history. My vocation will be teaching history and going to grad school to get my doctorate in history.

History teacher here too.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome John, Maplevalley, and anyone else I haven't welcomed! I'm sure you'll all find this is a fun group.

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Welcome John, Maplevalley, and anyone else I haven't welcomed! I'm sure you'll all find this is a fun group.
Indeed. Welcome everyone. This is probably the most civil and friendly skiing forum out there...

snobababunny

Yes, I patrol this site too & have just lurked until today.

I'm a Magic Mountain lover. I rode the planks for 10 years, then swithed to the board for 10 years. This year, I picked up some new skis & boots and was amazed what a difference the newer gear has made. It's been nice to switch back & forth between skis & the board, but I'm a boarder at heart.

Vortex

snobababunny said:
Yes, I patrol this site too & have just lurked until today.

I'm a Magic Mountain lover. I rode the planks for 10 years, then swithed to the board for 10 years. This year, I picked up some new skis & boots and was amazed what a difference the newer gear has made. It's been nice to switch back & forth between skis & the board, but I'm a boarder at heart.

Welcome and great to have a Magic fan here. Your not alone. Keep us informed.

selski

New Member Intro Post

I stumbled upon the AZ a few weeks ago. Nice to have a spot with lots of east coast info.

I have been skiing for almost 25 years. Two years ago I started to tele and this winter my brand new alpine skis sat ignored in the corner of my gear room.

I ski the Catskills primarily, mostly for the shorter drive (and the past two seasons I think better snow than Vermont). I get a season pass to Catamount for the family. My 3 kids are all under 10 and Catamount is a good place for them. Crowds are small, parking is close to the lodge and the skiing is decent for them.

I put a fork in the season on April 21st at Killington. Skied Superstar in the morning and spent the afternoon making a few trips over to Cascade which had great skiing and made the trip. Everyday after today I am one day closer to next season.