• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

JimG.

Staff member
selski said:
I stumbled upon the AZ a few weeks ago. Nice to have a spot with lots of east coast info.

I have been skiing for almost 25 years. Two years ago I started to tele and this winter my brand new alpine skis sat ignored in the corner of my gear room.

I ski the Catskills primarily, mostly for the shorter drive (and the past two seasons I think better snow than Vermont). I get a season pass to Catamount for the family. My 3 kids are all under 10 and Catamount is a good place for them. Crowds are small, parking is close to the lodge and the skiing is decent for them.

I put a fork in the season on April 21st at Killington. Skied Superstar in the morning and spent the afternoon making a few trips over to Cascade which had great skiing and made the trip. Everyday after today I am one day closer to next season.

Welcome aboard.

Wappingers Falls, huh? A neighbor...I live in Hopewell Junction.

JimG.

Staff member
selski said:
Howdy neighbor.

We'll hook up for some turns next season.

I went to Catamount for the first time in 35 years this past March...just my luck, I had a free ticket but they elected to close for the weekdays starting on March 13, the day I went. So I wound up back at my home hill, Hunter, for the day.

Never did use that free pass.

Greg

Staff member
Catamount gathering next season! Catamount is a great place to ski. Decent pitch and some nice bump lines. The new summit quad next season should be an improvement. Welcome selski.

SkiMangoJazz

Hi all, just joined up at the suggestion of a friend. Ski at Wachusett a lot, also at Berkshire East. Skied 59 days last year - I'm into it! 53 years old, started skiing at 36 and totally dedicated.

Hope to meet and ski with some of you next year.

Steve

bvibert

Staff member
SkiMangoJazz said:
Hi all, just joined up at the suggestion of a friend. Ski at Wachusett a lot, also at Berkshire East. Skied 59 days last year - I'm into it! 53 years old, started skiing at 36 and totally dedicated.

Hope to meet and ski with some of you next year.

Steve
Welcome Steve. You're also over at Epic, right?

Chris I

Hey everyone, I've already had a few posts but have been urged to throw one in here so everyone can get to know me.

The names Chris, im from Ballston Lake (Saratoga county) ny. Into anything outdoors I snowboard. I also have a camp on Lake George in Gull Bay which is directly across the lake from the town of Hauge, 4 miles south of Rodgers Rock.

Probably one of the younger ones in here im 18. Going to SUNY Cortland in the Fall playing football and going for either elementary ed or special ed.

Im excited to join everyone seems very cool.

See you on the slopes, trails and of course in the forums.

hrstrat57

Howdy!

Hi folks.

Already posted in the wa and mlb thread....excited to be a part of AZ, been lurking a while actually here and on TGR and I play quite a bit on epic tho I am pretty much lurking there now....wanted a chance to talk a bit more about skiing esp NE skiing which is what I know. This group is clearly all about skiing!

I put up a bit of profile stuff.....in way of intro

Thanks for the warm welcome in the wa thread....

BTW skimangojazz is a smooth skier and one of my wa ski buds...we are always.looking for more folks who like to "shaddap and ski"!!!

I'll be trying to recruit a couple other shy folks to join up too!!

Paul hrstrat57

LONDONDERRY

Greetings
I'm a new member here. I thought I just introduce and tell you a bit about myself
I live in Londonderry, NH for 4 years, I'm a Massachusetts transplant but I love the granite state more and more each day. I work as mechanical engineer in Woburn MA. Some of my hobbies include fixing my Nissans, own 3 ,if you go to NISSANFORUMS.COM I have the same screen name and if you have any questions about nissan's let me know, fixing up my house (believe it or not I enjoy it), and most late spring / summer outdoor activies. I'v hiked up a few mountins, Cannon, Monnadnok<<sp, and Washington of course. I try to climb washington 1-2 a year as an annual event with some family and friends. Keep and eye out for my future postings

Frank

Martin Bell

Hi, my name is Martin Bell, I am a 41-year-old Brit currently living in Taos, New Mexico. My hobbies are: soccer (I suck, but I am a keen follower of a great team, Liverpool FC) and ice hockey (I also suck, but it keeps me fit).

Chris I

Martin Bell said:
Hi, my name is Martin Bell, I am a 41-year-old Brit currently living in Taos, New Mexico. My hobbies are: soccer (I suck, but I am a keen follower of a great team, Liverpool FC) and ice hockey (I also suck, but it keeps me fit).

whos your nhl team? what the hell happened to the devils this afternoon?:angry: