• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

csherdel

Hello.
I wasn't sure if I needed to do an introduction first but here it is. I found this by searching areas to back county ski in PA. I've been doing some biking in Michaux and have been thinking there are some hills that "d be able to hike up and ski down.
I do a good amount of biking, hiking, backpacking and skiing so this looks like a great place to check out.
Thanks

fullsend7

Hey there, I'm a new member, just signed up. I live in the middle of North Carolina and it's July 95 degrees full humidity and I'm thinking about skiing.

2020 was a crap year for me skiing wise. First time since 2008 that I didn't go out to Tahoe to ski, stupid virus mess. I grew up skiing in the southeast and in the northeast. I'm jonesing for some skiing and I found this forum so I signed up.

Thanks for having me.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Hey there, I'm a new member, just signed up. I live in the middle of North Carolina and it's July 95 degrees full humidity and I'm thinking about skiing.

2020 was a crap year for me skiing wise. First time since 2008 that I didn't go out to Tahoe to ski, stupid virus mess. I grew up skiing in the southeast and in the northeast. I'm jonesing for some skiing and I found this forum so I signed up.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome fellow snow addict , the days are getting shorter so we got that going for us .

fullsend7

Welcome fellow snow addict , the days are getting shorter so we got that going for us .

Thanks! Good to be among fellow skiers. And thanks for being optimistic, the days are indeed getting shorter. I'm trying to stay optimistic but I find myself easily complaining these days, which is not cool. I need to do better.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Thanks for having me.

Hey! Welcome to the forum! I just bought a 2nd home in Banner Elk. I'm aware it's no Tahoe but I'm curious if you've skied Sugar or Beech. I'm hoping to get my kids on the snow fairly often there and get their baseline skills improving.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Thanks for having me.
welcome!

dmort

Hello - new member here - I used to live in New England and worked in outdoor education, but then, foolishly, life happened, and now I live in NYC. My kids are old enough now to start going on real adventures so I searched up a forum and here I am!

I ski, bike, run, hike, try to do tris, etc. I'm hoping 2021 will be a great year for my family in the outdoors - 2020 was ok, here's to hoping 2021 is better in all ways!!

dmort

awesome! welcome to the forums! glad to have you. where do you mostly ski?
These days, mostly Belleayre Mtn 8n the Catskills. I used to be a kids instructor at Killington, but that was a while ago now.

David Lyncher

Hello everyone :)
Some years ago I already had an account here as Sam Diaz but forgot the pass and that's why decided to make another account. Welcome back me :)

HomaWong

Website
anythingbutawedding.com
Hello forum members. Ski forums are a new thing for me. I’ve been on many forums; cars, boats, photography, just never skiing. I’m working to get back into skiing more than I have been for the past couple of, uh, decades. I skied a lot in my twenties and thirties, but skiing slowed down with work and a family. Now I’m retired and taking advantage of the NH senior pass at Cannon Mountain.

I’ve been getting in one day a week this season and would like to up that to two days a week. I’m a fair skier; I would rate myself at about a 7 on the Sugarbush 1 to 9 scale. I aspire to get up to an 8. Nine is unrealistic. I’ve got new boots and skis this year and it’s the best equipment I’ve ever owned. I have no excuses for my skiing ability – any limitations are my fault.

I would be interested in finding people to ski with at Cannon. If there are people who would like to meet-up, or even ride-up (I go up I-93 Londonderry to Franconia), private message me and we can discuss details.

Phantom Freakz

Hi there :)
My name is Jim. I was born and raised in Toronto. I am a fan of skiing and snowboarding.
Great to find this forum ;)