• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Tyrolean_skier said:
Skiing is not for everybody. Now I would probably get very grumpy if I did not get my fill of skiing in during the year. The only time I did not mind not skiing was when I was pregnant. However, I did miss the best ski season in recent history (1996-1997) when I was pregnant with my son. I am surprised, however, that you still want to participate in a ski/snowboard forum. I don't visit this site often enough to know how much you contribute.
I don't know how much NOSKI posts on the skiiing side of the site, but I only hang around here for the varied discussions in Misc. and the occasional banter in the hiking forum. (Been hiking for almost 25 years) Did do some x-counrty skiiing for a while and loved it. May take it up again if I can find a place to do it with the dog. Do a Google search for Skijoring and you'll see what I mean. Way cool.

ThinkSnow

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself since I want to start posting on this site. My name is Tom, and I reside in Massachusetts. My favorite ski area of all-time is Sugarbush, but my home mountain (due to proximity) is Wachusett. I work full-time in the Biotech industry, but my real passion lies in my part-time pursuits.

I work p/t for SnoSearch (a ski and snowboard travel agency that is responsible for bringing alot of folks to the MRV every winter, www.snosearch.com) and I am also working this season as a Ski Patroller at Wachusett (nights). I spend my free time hiking and thinking about snowboarding and skiing. I try to hit a new ski area every season, and I also try to either hike Mt. Washington once a year, or ski/ride Tucks in the spring. Think Snow!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Welcome ThinkSnow.

Wachusett is my home mountain as well. I will be up there a lot on weekday nights, we should meet up sometime.

I tried out for the Wa ski patrol a couple years ago and after they accepted me I decided to back out... the whole buy your own parka etc. kinda got me down, plus the rewards in subsequent years in terms of passes really benefits patrollers with familes. Which I don't have.

Maybe I'll try out again at the end of this year now I have more permanent living arrangements and a steady job. Got the EMT cert so I'm set as far as that goes...

YardSaleDad

Website
www.tirnalong.com
Late Bloomer

Hello all,
I have been lurking here for a week, and have found these forums to be very informative, and the members to be polite and helpful. I thought I would start out with a background post.

I am a 43yo father of two boys(11 & 14)who have been skiing for 6 years with their Mom. This past season she was kept off the slopes for health reasons, and I was drafted as the replacement Ski Parent. Did I mention I have never skied in my life? I started out on MLK day at Butternut. I spent Superbowl Weekend at Stratton, half a dozen Feb/March days at Belleayre and finished the season at Hunter.

I hike in the Hudson Highlands a few times a week, all year round, and this spring I took up Hang Gliding. Now the boys and I are chomping at the bit to get back out on the slopes. Belleayre will be my regular mountain, since the kids season pass is too good to pass up, and it works for all our skill levels. I just hope to be able to keep up with them this season.

:wink:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Re: Hello Everyone

ThinkSnow said:
Just wanted to introduce myself since I want to start posting on this site. My name is Tom, and I reside in Massachusetts. My favorite ski area of all-time is Sugarbush, but my home mountain (due to proximity) is Wachusett. I work full-time in the Biotech industry, but my real passion lies in my part-time pursuits.

I work p/t for SnoSearch (a ski and snowboard travel agency that is responsible for bringing alot of folks to the MRV every winter, www.snosearch.com) and I am also working this season as a Ski Patroller at Wachusett (nights). I spend my free time hiking and thinking about snowboarding and skiing. I try to hit a new ski area every season, and I also try to either hike Mt. Washington once a year, or ski/ride Tucks in the spring. Think Snow!

Hi TS
Last winter I booked alot of Snow Search wholesale bookings while working at the Bush. Didn't you guys stay in Snowcreek alot? Anyways welcome! :D

JimG.

Staff member
Hey Yardsale, welcome. Let me know if you plan any trips to Hunter; I'm a regular and would be glad to show you and your sons around. My 2 oldest boys (11 and 9) would love the company too.

Sparky

Re: Late Bloomer

YardSaleDad said:
Hello all,
I have been lurking here for a week, and have found these forums to be very informative, and the members to be polite and helpful. I thought I would start out with a background post.

I am a 43yo father of two boys(11 & 14)who have been skiing for 6 years with their Mom. This past season she was kept off the slopes for health reasons, and I was drafted as the replacement Ski Parent. Did I mention I have never skied in my life? I started out on MLK day at Butternut. I spent Superbowl Weekend at Stratton, half a dozen Feb/March days at Belleayre and finished the season at Hunter.

I hike in the Hudson Highlands a few times a week, all year round, and this spring I took up Hang Gliding. Now the boys and I are chomping at the bit to get back out on the slopes. Belleayre will be my regular mountain, since the kids season pass is too good to pass up, and it works for all our skill levels. I just hope to be able to keep up with them this season.

:wink:

Careful there DAD. The most dangerous saying in skiing is :cry: "Come on Dad, Follow me."

Bosefius

Greetings everyone.

I was told about this forum from a guy I was riding the lift with at Wildcat on opening day. I'm glad he told me because it seems there is a nice vibe in here.

So my into goes something like this...
I'm 28 now and have been skiing as long as I can remember. I made the switch to tele about 4 years ago now. I grew up in Southern NH and now live in the Albany NY area. My skiing has taken me to many resorts in the northeast and I try to make a trip west once a year. This year I have the all 4 1 pass and another pass for Copper when I go out there in Feb. Favorite resorts include Jay, the Bush, MRG, Hickory, Wildcat, & the River.

Off seasons, I spend running, hiking, mountain biking and thinking of winter.

Looking forward to this site and all it has to offer. Are there ever AZ outings or get togethers? I bet they would be a blast.

BeanoNYC

Welcome Boseflus. I wonder who it was you met? I think AWF was there. I've tried promoting this site to nice people i've met on lifts but haven't seen anyone yet. (Maybe it's me ;) ) Anyway we have a great group of people here , a really cool vibe. Feel free to jump right in I haven't seen a flame in a very long time.

Greg

Staff member
Bosefius said:
I was told about this forum from a guy I was riding the lift with at Wildcat on opening day.
That's really cool. Glad to hear others are recommending the site while riding ths lift. I always try to mention AZ to folks on the lift and suggest checking out the forums. I'm waiting for the day that someone says, "oh yeah, I already post there. My handle is....." ;)

BeanoNYC

Greg said:
Bosefius said:
I was told about this forum from a guy I was riding the lift with at Wildcat on opening day.
That's really cool. Glad to hear others are recommending the site while riding ths lift. I always try to mention AZ to folks on the lift and suggest checking out the forums. I'm waiting for the day that someone says, "oh yeah, I already post there. My handle is....." ;)

I've been toying with the idea of printing the url on a slip of paper and keeping a few in my ski jacket to hand them out to some of the nice people I meet on a lift.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
BeanoNYC said:
Greg said:
Bosefius said:

I've been toying with the idea of printing the url on a slip of paper and keeping a few in my ski jacket to hand them out to some of the nice people I meet on a lift.
Just buy the sticker :) .

BeanoNYC

ALLSKIING said:
BeanoNYC said:
Greg said:
Bosefius said:

Just buy the sticker :) .

Yeah but you can't give the sticker away! BTW do we have a small sticker for helmets yet?

BeanoNYC

Re: Thanks for the Welcome

YardSaleDad said:
Thanks for the advice and offers. I'll keep them in mind once the white stuff stays stuck 8)

Great Handle! Is cold spring the same as cold spring harbor on the Island?

awf170

BeanoNYC said:
Welcome Boseflus. I wonder who it was you met? I think AWF was there. I've tried promoting this site to nice people i've met on lifts but haven't seen anyone yet. (Maybe it's me ;) ) Anyway we have a great group of people here , a really cool vibe. Feel free to jump right in I haven't seen a flame in a very long time.

nope I wasnt there, it was probably ga2ski