• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Awesome! Where in Italy? I skied with my dad and sister in i think sass pordoi? Or near there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Twism86

Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Hey everyone, just joined the forum. Im a big fan of forums (own one myself) for my sports and hobbies. Always a great place to share and get info, first hand accounts, etc.

Ive been skiing since 2010, more or less self taught and going out with friends who are more experienced. I started skiing up at Jiminy Peak in MA. I lived about 35 mins away in NY for two years so I was able to go after work 1-2 days a week during the season. I guess I learned by simply putting time in. Now I live back in NJ and cant ski as often but try and get out at least every other week once we have decent snow. I ski Blue Mtn in PA as its the closest or take trips to NY and VT.

Just got a "new to me" pair of Nordica Soul Riders and im trying more and more stuff in the park. Small to medium jumps, boxes, learning to ski switch (which is why I got twin tips). Much better skis all around than my cheap Head C120s. So yea, still a rather new skier but can ski most slopes out here in the east when its not pure ice and land some jumps. Working on advanced techniques around the mountain and stepping up my park game. Trying freestyle at 27 might not be the best idea but its fun and hopefully not too painful!

Tom

1743641_10152261980272089_2141545740_n.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi Tom! Welcome! What's your forum?

Glad to have you onboard. I know I won't have to answer questions about how to respond to PM's then , hahaha

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
" Trying freestyle at 27 might not be the best idea but its fun and hopefully not too painful!"

It's not any more or less painful....the only difference is recouperation time.

cyclesnack

Website
www.cyclesnack.com
Not new to this site, just changed things up a bit with a new handle.

I am Mark and I like to ski, snowboard, XC Ski and snowshoe. Also ride quite a bit, road, mountain, commute, gravel, and SSCX.

Also play chauffeur to my son who is visually impaired and skis on the Stride Adaptive Sports Ski Race Team. I have another son who skis, too, so with the boys, we usually go to Ski Sundown, but for race practice it's every Saturday at Jiminy.

casey9

Website
www.mtruapehu.com
Ran across this site while looking for ski gear in preparation for OUR (New Zealand's) season (just underway) looking forward to trying out a new(for me) carving ski (Nordica Dobermann Spitfire 178cm) unfortunately with Marker TC with a max DIN of 10(I'm pretty much JUST under that limit now@9) Strong Intermediate 220lbs 6'4" and looking to replace it!!! :daffy: